Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Love My Kids

Nur and TT are easily the best part of my day.  They make me smile, laugh, and they constantly give me purpose.

I love how silly TT is.  She recently discovered my iPod, so I turned it on for her, and put the earplugs in her ear so she could listen to the music.  She carried the iPod in her hand, and walked around the house dancing to the beat, and "singing" along.  I of course had a flashforward to TT at 16, sitting on her bed, listening to music, and tuning me out.  Ha! This girl is growing up so fast. 


I love how fearless and cautious Nur is. . . all at the same time.  He's so brave in what he tries, yet he has this mature knowledge that he shouldn't try certain things that he isn't big enough for.  Because of this cautiousness, I rarely am having to wipe bloody knees and deal with bumps and bruises. 



I love TT's imagination and ability to role play.  She loves to grab her purse, stuff it full of her jewelry, put her shades on, and then go find my high heels, and then she pretends to go to work.  She'll open up the door, and say, "Bye Bye.  TT work."  I make a huge deal out of her leaving. I'll give her a big hug, tell her I love her, and then tell her to make Mama lots of money. :)



I love how kind natured Nur is.  He is so easy going, is just happy most of the time, can find joy in anything and everything, and is just easy at the moment.  I love coming home after work at the end of the day and having this little man run to me yelling "Mama Home!"  Makes my entire day. 

Oh, parenting can be so difficult.  Sometimes I find myself stepping away from a situation and reminding myself to breathe.  But then I look at these faces, and if I can give them half as good of a childhood as I had, I will consider myself a success. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! That is so cute that TT will play dress up and pretend to go to work. I think you are doing a great job of giving them a wonderful childhood. Thanks for sharing. Heather

ethiopia said...

Your children are beautiful!!
Mel Hazelet

ethiopia said...

Your children are beautiful!!
Mel Hazelet

Maegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maegan said...

This is such a great post. Your kids are so, so cute... and you are a great momma! I feel the same way about my childhood... I was VERY blessed to have a great one and great parents. I have said that if I can do things the way my mom did, I will consider myself a success. I feel so much compassion for people who have to make their own path after being raised in a troubled home.

Anyway... Happy Mother's Day to you! You have two adorable kiddos right there. : )

The Busters said...

Such fun photos!! TT must keep you laughing all day! LB is super cautious too and I never thought about it but you are right that he doesn't get a lot of bumps and bruises because of it. Yesterday we were at a friend's house and they had a mini ball pit and LB never worked up the courage to get in. I think if we stayed longer he would have gotten there but it takes him a long time to try something new!

Anonymous said...

I just adore your family. You are one blog friend I would especially like to meet in real life! I think we'd hit it off :)