TT chose to wear her Belle costume, and she was definitely the "bell of the ball." We did her hair in pigtails, and she wore a beautiful crown and sparkly shoes. I felt like I was getting my little girl ready for prom. (and it's cold in MN, hence the turtleneck under the dress)
I never know how TT is going to do in public venues. She tends to get overwhelmed by crowds and people in her space, so I was a little nervous that this event would overwhelm her. We got to the ball, and there was a red carpet that welcomed us indoors. I took TT's coat off and she started doing her princess spins. We walked into the dance area, and there was Cinderella herself! TT just stared and stared at her. I knew she wanted to talk to her, but I also know my TT is on the shy side and gets comfortable with situations at her own speed, so I didn't force it. Finally, TT worked herself up to meeting Cinderella. She took off her crown, and walked over to Cinderella, and handed her her crown. This scene totally melted my heart.
The ball was full of little princes and princesses, and an awesome DJ. TT had her snack at a table, and then we hit the dance floor.
The scowl isn't because TT wasn't having fun, it was because she didn't want her picture taken. "No more pictures mama!" Okay, I may have gone overboard.
We invited TT's cousin and best friend to come, and we were so glad she was there also. She was also Belle, and these two could have danced all night. I must say, I don't know where TT gets her rhythm from. This girl can seriously dance. All night, she was right by Cinderella, and even held her hand a couple times.
I loved watching TT watch Cinderella. Her big brown eyes followed her every move. Hands down one of the best parts of being a mom is my children's innocence, and watching the world through their eyes. I could have just stared at TT all night as she stared at her surroundings.
If it's even possible, I fell in love with my baby girl even more that night. I love the girl she is becoming. I love her free spirit and her innocence, and her desire to take in the world around her.
And just like Cinderella's ball was over at the stroke of midnight, our ball was over at the stroke of 7:30pm. TT and I went to the car, and I buckled her into her carseat, when she told me she needed to go potty. In that moment, I was very glad that I carry a spare in the back of the van. She and I crawled in the back, I hoisted up her Belle dress, and she went potty. I buckled her back in to the carseat, and threw out the urine, where it almost turned to ice before hitting the ground. But for that hour and a half, life was magical.

2 comments:
What a memorable experience for both of you! I love all the pictures. She just looks like she is having the time of her life!!
Great pictures! I bet TT had such a wonderful time, and it sounds like you also had a wonderful time watching TT's reaction and experience. What a cool event. Heather
Post a Comment