I love this boy. Nur is the sweetest child I've ever known. He simply wants peace in life. He loves sharing toys with his little sister, and he loves to be held and cuddled. He'll come up to me out of the blue and say, "I love you so much." He'll point to Ethiopia proudly on a map. He always wants to be with people, even if it's just me sitting in his room as he plays with trains. Nur is completely laid back and doesn't care what clothes I put on him. He also whines until I think he can't whine anymore, yet then he does. If I tell him not to do something, he'll put his head down and whimper. Nur does everything on his own time and at his own speed. Sometimes, I'm sure he's not understanding a thing I say, but then he processes, and repeats it all back to me. Yes, this child is smart, but subtle.
Nur is going to be a quiet leader. He will fly under the radar, and will always win people over with his infectious smile and his kind heart. I know my Nur is going to do great things in this life. He's already doing great things in mine.
I love this girl. TT is all sugar and spice. She acts like a tough girl, yet her emotions are as fragile as most 2 year olds. She tries to hide it when something upsets her, but her quivering lip always gives it away. She is miss independent. I haven't had the opportunity to pick out an outfit for this child in months. She picks out all her own clothes, and I've chosen to just go with it, regardless of how ridiculous some of her outfits are. TT makes friends easily, and other kids are often drawn to her. But miss independent is often not interested in playing with them. She's tough with her big brother and can often be found taking his toys away from him. But then she is also sweet to him and will hug him and love up on him. She also thinks she's older than him and has taken on the first child mentality. TT is high maintenance and keeps me on my toes constantly. She is so smart, and funny. She loves being with people, but also requires quiet time in her room all by herself from time to time. She talks about things that are well beyond her years. She loves deeply, but also has moments of being irrational where she yells and screams at people she loves. T has often said to me that he's never known a naughtier child, and well, I would have to agree.
TT is going to be a rule tester. She is going to question all authority, but I have a feeling she's going to ask the right questions. She is going to be a leader and a heartbreaker, and she is going to go through life keeping me on my toes.
My loves, my life. So grateful.




No comments:
Post a Comment