These kids of mine are growing up so fast! It's really crazy, so I thought I would do a post dedicated just to them.
Nur
Nur turned 20 months old on August 3rd. How did he get so old, and how did it happen so fast? Oh my! Nur is doing really well! He continues to heal from his adenoid surgery, and his nose is almost 100% healed. Poor guy. It was not an easy surgery, and I'm just so proud of him for being able to endure it. Ever since surgery he's been practicing breathing through his nose. I don't think he was every able to before. Eating has become so much easier because he can breathe through his nose while he eats. Remarkable!
Nur is so inquisitive. He can always be found pointing to one thing or another. He still doesn't really have words, so a lot of our days are spent with him pointing, and saying, "ahh?" And then me identifying the object he is speaking of.
Physically, Nur is right where he should be. He spends his days running and jumping. And his newest favorite thing is to dance. He is quite the dancer! Usually he just dances with his hands, but T recently taught him a knee bend, and it's the cutest thing. He dances to everything! The other day, I started singing the ABC's and instead of singing along, Nur danced along. He's so goofy! And last night we had a Beatles jam session, and Nur was dancing in the kitchen and it was adorable.
Nur would spend his entire day outside if we let him. He LOVES the outdoors and can often be found at the door, pointing to go outside.
Nur is also becoming Mr. Independent. He likes to lead. He likes to walk around on his own and he loves exploring new territory. Of course, this nervous mama is always about 2 steps behind him.
Nur continues to be a wonderful big brother. Just recently he started putting TT's pacifier in her mouth when it falls out. He also gives her hugs and kisses when she is sad. And when she throws her tantrums (which you can read about later in this post) he'll just stare at her, then stare at me, as if to say, "What is wrong with her?"
Nur is a great eater, and he's starting to feed himself more foods. He continues to love oatmeal, he loves soup, yogurt, spaghetti and mac-n-cheese. When he really likes something we feed him, he says, "mmmmm."
Nur also has the best giggle ever. He has such a great sense of humor, he loves to be tickled, and he loves to play rough with his baba.
Nur is so good natured, and I'm so blessed to be his mama.
TT
TT turned 1 on July 6th, and holy crap, she is already 13 months old.
In the past month, TT has taken off! Right after she turned 1, she decided she was done crawling for good, and became a walker overnight. Now she walks and runs, always trying to keep up with her brother of hers.
For her birthday, I took the day off of work (I vowed never to work on the day of their birthdays) and I took both kids to the local zoo. They LOVED it!
TT is also becoming very vocal. She can sing her ABC's. Granted, it songs like, "Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah," but she can imitate my voice inflections.
TT has become a pretty good sleeper. As soon as she turned 12 months, I got rid of her bottle. I thought she'd scream, but she didn't mind at all. Now I read to her before bed, sing her a song, kiss her and lay her in her crib, and she's out. I'm amazed that for the most part I have two children who are such good sleepers!
TT has also become a really good eater. She always hated baby food, so she eats everything we eat, just in small, cut up portions. Her favorite is hummus on pita bread. She LOVES it. She also loves peanut butter toast, vanilla yogurt, cheese sticks, cereal and of course sugar free chocolate pudding for special occassions.
I've always heard about the terrible 2's, but I must say that they can come much earlier than 2. TT is officially going through them. She can throw quite the tantrums. T and I sit there and try not to laugh as she is flopping her body all over the floor, throwing her pacifier clear across the room, etc. Most of the tantrums are caused by not getting what she wants. She usually wants my cell phone, but after she called 911 a couple weeks ago, no cell phone for TT! For the most part, TT is sweet, and loves to give hugs and the best opened mouthed kiss ever! ;)
TT also loves going outside. The other day, she brought me one of her shoes, and then walked away. 30 seconds later, she brought me her other shoe. So, I put them on her feet. Then she brought me one of my shoes, and 30 secods later, she brought me my other shoe. I put them on. Then she walks to the front door and starts pounding on it. Okay, okay, I get it! Smart girl. :) She also is constantly bringing me hats. She LOVES to wear hats.
So, this is an update on these kids of mine. They are both doing great and are a lot of fun. Oh sure, there are hard days too, but these children are so loved and everyday I'm feeling more confident in my ability to do this.
And a video of some things we've done this summer.












8 comments:
I cannot believe it has been over a year since S was born! I saw the picture of us at Mayo the other day and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago you and I were meeting.
Your kids are doing so well! And of course they are super adorable. I look at their pictures and it makes me smile. Sweet little babies.
Give them hugs and kisses from me.
You are such a great momma! I learn so much from you! :-)
Aww, they are just so adorable. I LOVE reading about them and seeing their pictures.
I second Chelle...give them hugs and kisses from me, too. :)
Such a fun, fun update! Both K and S are such cuties, Leah! I love this idea of not working on their birthdays--such a sweet, perfect gesture.
Yay for a life busy with happy, sweet, active babes! :)
Leah,
They are absolutely full of cuteness! Happy Birthday sweet Scarlett and kudo's to you big boy for taking care of your little sister! Aren't they just so scrumptious :)
So happy you made that vow to not work on their birthdays, you just can't get those moments back...good for you Mama!
And you look amazing! Glad to be in tow with you on the WW journey...although you look great without doing it!
BIGGEST HUGS TO ALL
Your kids are so stinking cute and I love reading updates about how great they are doing!! It's so fun to hear about their personalities too!!!
Look at them GROW, Leah! They are adorable and you and T are doing an amazing job with both of your sweet kiddos. Thanks for sharing all along the way!
Gorgeous video. That was just precious seeing K and S be so sweet with one another. They are amazing. Thanks for sharing with us. Heather
Post a Comment