Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another Month Older

Nur = 21 Months

I can't believe that this son of mine is 3 months away from being a 2 year old!!!  Time flies in general, but time really flies when you don't have your son from day 1.  We will be coming up to a year of Nur being home in October.  I'm looking forward to that milestone. 

Nur is doing really well. He continues to sleep like a champ, and his appetite has tapered off some.  We are working really hard with Nur on feeding himself. . . something that he hasn't been very interested in.  We started over a week ago, and T and I had a couple very frustrating days.  I kept saying we just needed to give this two weeks, and we would see a huge improvement.  And it's less than 2 weeks later, and we see a HUGE improvement.  Now, if I try to feed him, he tries to grab the spoon from my hand.  Oh, he's messy to be sure, and some textures aren't the easiest for him to pick up, but he tries feeding himself at every meal, and he no longer complains about it. 

Nur is completely obsessed with cars, and trains, and trucks, and buses.  Is this a boy thing?  It's too funny!  And because school started today in our state, Nur Man will really enjoy watching all the school buses go by!

Nur is a total cuddler.  He'll stop whatever he's doing to come sit on my lap and hug me.  Sometimes I'll look over at him, and he's leaning in trying to give his sister a kiss.  This boy is a complete lover.  He loves music, and will stop whatever he's doing when music comes on. 

When Nur got home, he would let anyone hold him.  Now, if I'm holding him, and anyone else tries to take him, he whines and digs into my arm letting me know he doesn't want me to let him go.  This has been great for our attachment. 

Nur also has an independent streak in him.  He'll pick up a book, and sit there and turn the pages of the book and look at pictures.  He'll play with a toy truck and roll it across the floor.  He loves playing with other kids, but he also loves doing his own thing.

Physically, Nur is completely caught up.  He runs, and jumps (his version of jumping anyway), he climbs, and is just completely mobile.  Verbally, I'm worried a bit.  He babbles a ton, but he doesn't say words. He'll make animal sounds, he'll babble mama and baba, but not directed towards us, and he isn't great at imitating sound.  He'll catch up, and we'll continue trying to help him catch up. 






TT = 14 Months

TT's world is opening up a ton.  For a while, she would only go to me.  And if I wasn't available to hold her, she would follow me around until I gave in.  Yes, this girl has been a mama's girl from day one.  But now, she has a few favorites in her life.  She loves her baba and will go to him almost as much as she'll go to me.  She also loves many other people, mainly relatives.  Oh, and she loves boys.  I'm not ready for that!  When a friend of T's will come over, or an uncle, or something like that, she flirts! That's right, my 14 month old flirts! It's hilarious, and I hope this isn't a glimpse of what's to come.

TT is also what I would call a "whipper-snapper."  Okay, I don't know exactly what that means, but this girl is cute, has an attitude, is tempermental, charming, and naughty all in the same breathe! Yes, she keeps us on our toes.  She's so petite, but she refuses to be left behind, and she's always trying to keep up with her brother.

TT is obsessed with purses (Oh yes, I'm scared!) and likes putting objects in her purses and bags.  The other day, T and I couldn't find the car keys, and sure enough she had hoarded them in one of her bags. 

TT is also very vocal these days.  She is constantly mumbling and trying to imitate every sound she hears.  She likes to feed herself, and is a huge fan of chicken nuggets and nutella.  (Not together of course) She mostly sleeps well, and still gets up anywhere from 5am-6:30am. (I prefer 6:30 naturally)

TT continues to be obsessed with hats and "pretties" and is constantly bringing us stuff to put on her head.  Her hair continues to grow out of control.  Oh my! I just don't know what I'm going to do with it!







These two continue to be the best of friends, and for that, I am very grateful!


8 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Leah your two little bundles of joy continue to amaze me with all of their updates. Wow! They sure are growing a lot, learning a lot and are as cute as can be. I am amazed that K's 1 year adoption day is approaching... How can that be? The first year of him being with his forever family sure went fast! And that hair that S has is beautiful, I'm jealous! ;) Thanks for another update and I hope to be counted among one of the lucky ones to continue to follow your family journey.

Erin said...

They are getting so big!! I wonder if K learning a new language has kept him from being vocal? My MIL tried to teach my husband Icelandic when he was a toddler (they are from Iceland) and she claimed he got so confused that he completely stopped talking for a while. So she never taught him.

Jewls said...

Oh man, what little cuties! It's so fun watching them grow! Isn't this a fun (crazy) stage?! :)

birthmothertalks said...

Very adorable pictures of the kids.

Deni said...

S looks like too much of a big girl now!! They need to slow down! Both so stinking adorable!! Add me to your list dstrox@bellsouth.net. I couldn't not get your updates :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the update. What cutie pies, both with their curly heads of hair! I'm sure K will catch up verbally just like he did physically.

HazelmelHappenings said...

Thanks for the invitation. Sure wouldn't want to miss out on your blog.
Kids grow so fast, don't they?

scooping it up said...

What a great update, I need to do one for my kids, thanks for the inspiration! One thought I wanted to share, and please ignore if this is obnoxious:early intervention is possibly one of the best things that has EVER happened to my family. Speech Therapy for two of my kids was/is LIFE CHANGING. They really know how to reach kids and help them achieve communication. They teach parents how to communicate better with kiddos so the the kids will try to talk more. ET Speech Therapists are God's Gift to the world, and I truly mean that.