My dear TT,
I wanted to write this letter because before I know it, you're going to be a teenage girl. And one thing I remember about being a teenage girl, is that most don't think their moms are very cool. In fact, most try to distance themselves from their moms as much as possible. I always thought my mom was cool. I hope you'll always feel that way about me.
I am yours TT. Through and through. I am your security. Your cuddler, your abundance of love and hope. You are never more than a few feet from me anytime we are home. You follow me to my bedroom and "help" me get undressed. You follow me into the bathroom. When I cook, you want to be right there helping me. The other day, as my eyes were closed in the shower, rinsing out my hair, I looked down, and there you were standing in the shower with me, bare-naked, and ready to get your hair washed as well. You come with me to the store, to take the garbage out, and you would come to work with me if I let you.
You think the world of me. Everytime I get you dressed or do your hair, you want it to look just like mama's. Everytime someone offers to do something for you, you prefer that I help you instead. When I clean, you want your own towel to help me dust and scrub the floors. Everyone tells you all day long that you look just like your baba. And you do look just like your baba, yet you are my clone in so many ways.
Often times, you'll come up to me and kiss me, and wrap your little arms around my neck, and give me a tight squeeze, and say, "I love you mama." And in that moment, I know I'm doing something right. I can feel the love you have for me radiate your entire being, and just for a moment, I feel like everything is right in the world.
I love you at this age. I love that I am so fully yours. And I hope you realize that that never needs to change. Everyday, I am forging a healthy relationship with you, and when you are older, I just know you are going to be a bright light in everyone's world. And instead of your teenage self being embarrassed about your entirely too hands-on mom, you will look at me and know that I'm always on your side. That from day one, I have wanted nothing more than your happiness and fulfillment in life. Your dreams are my dreams, and I want nothing more for you than to dream big, and always know that you can do anything you want in this life. I also want you to know that you come from a strong line of females, and that we are all, always on your side. No matter how difficult life gets, and no matter how alone you will feel at times, I want you to know that you have a mom who loves you more than life, and prays for you every minute of every day.
You are mine, and I am yours.



4 comments:
Beautiful! Precious! Wonderful! Love, love, love this post. What more could a mom ask for?!? And those pictures are wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Awwwww, that is such a sweet post, and so sweet that she always wants to be like you and with you. That is smart of you to write such a letter because when she is a teenager she may forget this time! What a great post. Thanks for sharing. Heather
Beautiful!!!! Love this post! So sweet! The bond between a momma and her girl is precious!!
I hope and pray that you have the kind of relationship with TT that she never thinks you are uncool, wants you to drop her off a block from school, or wishes to not be seen with you as a teenager. I hope and pray that she asks you to drop her off in front of school when she needs a ride, and gives you a hug and kiss in front of her friends before she gets out of the car, and tells you that she loves you just before she closes the door. I hope that even at 16, she still wants to snuggle with you and spend time with you.
Post a Comment