If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may remember my many crazy posts leading up to picking up Nur regarding my many fears about having enough love and time to give to both kids. Yes, it was definitely one of my greatest fears.
Some of the fears are true. It is hard to give both children everything they want. Sometimes they will both get fussy, and only want mama. Sometimes I feel like I'm always making a choice of which one to comfort. Sometimes I feel like the worst adoptive mama in the world and that I'm not providing Nur with the constant security he needs and deserves. Sometimes, it is very clear to me that I am dividing myself among two babies, instead of giving myself fully to one of them. But, I will say this, I do my best, and although I was so filled with fear before getting Nur home, the majority of those fears have been unfounded.
Here's the thing I was hoping for, but wasn't sure if it would be the case.
I was REALLY hoping my babies would like eachother. And guess what? They do!!! They are best friends! What more could I ask for?
Here is some of their sibling cuteness:
- TT almost always wakes up before Nur. So I'll be hanging out with her, and when we hear Nur wake up, I'll go into his room to get him, while holding TT. As soon as they both see each other, they shake with excitement and smile from ear to ear. Adorable! :)
- At our kitchen table, their highchairs face each other. . . one is on one side of the table, and one on the other. They sit and talk and laugh at each other the whole time.
- Okay, so they aren't twins, and it does annoy me when I'm out and about with both of them, and people ask me if they are twins (seriously, T and I get asked that ALL the time) but they have developed a twin talk. It's crazy! They babble to each other SO much, and because Nur is older and more vocal, TT has become more vocal by paying attention to her older bro.
- Nur thinks that TT is the funniest thing ever. Everything she does, he just giggles uncontrollably.
- When we have them both in their carseats in the backseat of our car, they sit and look at each other, talk and laugh. This happened the other day, and there is Nur and I in the front seat, just swelling with pride of our two little babies in the backseat carrying on a conversation.
- If TT cries, Nur gets so upset. He is already a protective older brother.
- They play SO well together. Sure, there is the occassional hair pulling, or toy stealing, but they tolerate it so well from each other, where if it's another kid stealing their toy, it's a meltdown. But when big brother steals the toy, it gets taken right back.
And a couple random pictures I just pulled of my phone, cause come one. . . a post is just more exciting with pics. :)


17 comments:
Leah, I love this post. As a mom to one adoptive son, there are nights I go to sleep thinking about more that I could have that day. Especially in the beginning because of bonding.
The fact that you children love each is just the best thing! We want to have more children one day and I can only hope that we all can adjust to it, especially Levi.
I love the pictures of your children. They are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Okay, I have to tell you that this post made me a little teary. I LOVE that they smile at each other when you go get K out of his crib. That is seriously one of the cutest things I have heard. So wonderful that will have each other growing up!!!
LOVE this! :) So great how they interact! :)
That is amazing to hear how well they get along. I'm glad you have a little time to update. I'll gladly read a long post to hear about how you all are doing :) Those pics are adorable...yes a post is more fun with pictures. lol.
Very sweet post, Leah!
Aww, this post just makes my heart melt. I can't imagine how awesome it is to watch your two little ones interact like that...so amazing :-)
They're getting so BIG!!! (and SO adorable!)
Love this post. The gift of a sibling truly is priceless.
i think it is hilarious that people ask you if they are twins. although, i guess i did hear of a biracial couple having one white and one black set of twins...so maybe i shouldn't be so amused...
but most of what i wanted to say is that i think it is awesome how your kiddos have bonded. you are doing a great job, mama!
I loved reading how you described how they interact with each other. I can almost see them both giggling to each other in my mind. I can't wait to hear how they chase each other through the house!
So cute! I love this post! So sweet to hear about them together. :)
That must truly warm your heart! The way your family came together was just plain meant to be :O).
Love hearing about that sibling love!!! It's precious and a treasure beyond words! And they are both so stinking cute! That grin on K's face looks very mischievous! :)
That is EXACTLY why I have to give my daughter a sibling. I have those kinds of pictures in my head when I think of having another child in this house.
You and I both know that parent guilt is a permanent fixture once you have kids. We will always feel like we didn't do enough or just plain weren't enough. You know what? I bet you our parents felt the same way. I know mine did. They tell me so. It is just a fact of life.
I LOVE the pictures. I can't believe how big S is getting!
They are so lucky to have each other! There is nothing like sibling love!
how fun!!! so glad to hear that things are going well!
You are doing a beautiful job Mama! And I love that K & S have such a special bond...that is the absolute best. My heart swells reading this post.
Glad you didn't leave us :)
Love and HUGS
I think the saying that "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet" is very true and it sure appears to be that way with K & S. That's awesome! :)
Post a Comment