Today, this precious babe of mine is 1.
I look at my children, and I think of Nur as my hope. Nur was an answered prayer to be a mother. Because of Nur, I had the opportunity to be a Mom. And TT . . she is my joy. She is the icing on the cake.
My hope and my joy:
Being pregnant, giving birth, and having a daughter are things I will never take for granted. And TT is the absolute perfect daughter for me.
TT is:
Today, I can't help but think about the day she was born. I will never forget the excitement and anticipation. I wll never ever forget the moment our eyes met. I will never forget falling in love so quickly and so intensively, all at once.
Everyday, I am filled with a sense of gratitude that I get to be this girl's mom. Me. Completely underserving of being loved by such a special human being. TT amazes me. Everything about her.
It is amazing how fast it goes. I tried to enjoy every moment. I tried to memorize every feature as TT grew. I spent the past year writing TT letters, taking daily pictures, saving every little important thing. Yet, it still went too fast. She has changed so much since day one, and although I absolutely love this age she is at, oh, how miss my little 7 pound TT sometimes.
I want to thank everyone who has taken this journey with our family. Who have cheered us on, listened to me talk about my pregnancy and adoption, and waited anxiously for our children to join the family. This has been an experience of a lifetime, and I'm glad you followed along as I documented this process. I documented this experience for all of you, but mostly for them.
It has been a year. And someday, I hope TT enjoys reading all of my posts about her, and really gets to know her Mama as a human, and not just as her Mama.
I leave you with this video that captures TT's 1st year. It's about 6 minutes long, but this mama thinks it is a great video, and definitely worth the 6 minutes. :)
(The little Miss hanging out in her bassinett, checking out who this Mama lady is)
I really can't believe how much of a whirlwind this year has been for me. No. . . not just this year, but the past 2 years. From failed treatments, to starting the adoption process, to getting pregnant, to welcoming two perfectly made and beautiful children into our family. I look at my children, and I think of Nur as my hope. Nur was an answered prayer to be a mother. Because of Nur, I had the opportunity to be a Mom. And TT . . she is my joy. She is the icing on the cake.
My hope and my joy:
Being pregnant, giving birth, and having a daughter are things I will never take for granted. And TT is the absolute perfect daughter for me.
TT is:
sweet..kind..funny..smart..cuddly..curious..stubborn..determined..beautiful..independent
Today, I can't help but think about the day she was born. I will never forget the excitement and anticipation. I wll never ever forget the moment our eyes met. I will never forget falling in love so quickly and so intensively, all at once.
Everyday, I am filled with a sense of gratitude that I get to be this girl's mom. Me. Completely underserving of being loved by such a special human being. TT amazes me. Everything about her.
It is amazing how fast it goes. I tried to enjoy every moment. I tried to memorize every feature as TT grew. I spent the past year writing TT letters, taking daily pictures, saving every little important thing. Yet, it still went too fast. She has changed so much since day one, and although I absolutely love this age she is at, oh, how miss my little 7 pound TT sometimes.
I want to thank everyone who has taken this journey with our family. Who have cheered us on, listened to me talk about my pregnancy and adoption, and waited anxiously for our children to join the family. This has been an experience of a lifetime, and I'm glad you followed along as I documented this process. I documented this experience for all of you, but mostly for them.
It has been a year. And someday, I hope TT enjoys reading all of my posts about her, and really gets to know her Mama as a human, and not just as her Mama.
I leave you with this video that captures TT's 1st year. It's about 6 minutes long, but this mama thinks it is a great video, and definitely worth the 6 minutes. :)



13 comments:
Oh my beautiful baby!
So very precious!
Happy First birthday!!! Time does really fly by.
Happy Birthday, Scarlett!
It's hard to believe she is already a year old! Happy Birthday Miss Scarlett.
Happy Birthday Scarlett!
Happy Birthday, Miss Scarlett! What a wonderful year it has been for your family. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. The video was great. Heather
Happy birthday Scarlett!! I can't believe it's been a year, either :)
Wow, a year goes by quickly!! Hope S had a wonderful birthday!! XOXOXO
Awesome, Great Video! :)
Happy (late) Birthday Scarlett
Great video! Happy Birthday Scarlett!
I could watch your video and look at your family ALL day long! BEAUTIFUL, LEAH!
I haven't been able to see your blog for a while, but I wanted to wish Scarlett a belated Happy Birthday! :)
Post a Comment