This is our beauty. . . TT. A miracle.It was Monday night, July 5th, and T and I were at home, and I had a gush of water come out of me. I knew it must be time. We called our midwives and let them know we were on our way to the hospital.
We arrived at the hospital at approximately 10:30pm on Monday night. I was starting to get pretty regular contractions but I was only 1 cm dilated, so I had a ways to go. I was given some sleep meds and pain killers and tried to get a good night sleep.
Tuesday morning, July 6th came, and my labor hadn't really progressed much. I was only 1.5 cm dilated, so again, had a long way to go. It was decided that I would have a little pitocin to get labor going again. Once pitocin was started, labor really started progressing, and eventually, around about 10am, I received an epidural, and was able to get some much needed rest.
I woke up in excruciating pain, and it was pretty clear that the epidural was not effective at all. I asked for another one, and the Anesthesiologist came up and gave me another bolus, but that was also ineffective.
At about 2pm, the pressure was unbearable. I got checked and was 5 cm dilated. The pressure kept getting worse and worse. The midwife decided to check me again, even though she had just checked me, and it was go time.
I started pushing at about 3pm. Oh, how I wished I had an epidural at this point, but the one from earlier in the day was completely useless. This is the point I realized there was truly no turning back, and that she had to come out of me. I pushed for a long, hard and painful two hours. The midwives were a bit concerned about TT's heart rate, as she kept going into tachycardia, as did I.
At 4:46pm, TT entered the world. Her baba cut the cord, and the NICU took her briefly to check on her heart. Her heart was fine, and after a while, I got to hold her and study her every feature.
TT. . . You are so very loved and so very wanted. Welcome to the world baby girl.
51 comments:
CONGRATS LEAH & TAHER!!! She is beautiful!!!
Oh, I am just so excited for you. Scarlett is beyond beautiful and I am sure that mommy and daddy can't stop smiling. Enjoy your little miracle!
Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful!!!
tears of joy. so proud of you! she is beautiful and just perfect!!!
What a beautiful girl. Congratulations again!
beautiful! just BEAUTIFUL! i'm so sorry the epidural did NOTHING for you :( but now it's OVER!!!! no more fears!!!
So beautiful!! Congrats!! Mazel Tov!!! How awful the epidural didn't work. I wonder if the dr placed it correctly. Yuck!!
Welcome to the world baby girl!!!! Leah I am so excited for you and T!!!
Tears! Goosebumps! Yay! She's here and she's GORGEOUS! Congrats to you all!
Oh how beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Wow! ouch! Sorry your epidural didn't work. Mine did the same my second time around...it's painful! so glad to hear that you are both well. She's absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats again momma!!!
She's beautiful! Congratulations, Leah! Sorry you had such a rough time with the birth....
Wow, it sounds like a stressful labor but I am glad everyone is happy and healthy at the end of it. Look at her lips!!! And you can tell she is going to have big, beautiful eyes. I love the name too. Wish I could reach through the screen and hug you right now!!
Many, many congratulations! Hope you enjoy getting to know each other and spending the summer as a family :)
She is perfect and beautiful. My heart is absolutely swelling for you two right now. I am so unbelievably happy for you guys. This baby girl has been a long time coming.
Please give her extra love and hugs from me.
Enjoy your sweet, precious little girl each and every second. Before you know it she will be 17 months old and you will wonder where the deuce all of the time went.
Sending you all my love!
Thanks for sharing with us, Leah! She's super cute! Glad to hear that everyone is healthy and doing well.
I am so happy for you!!!!
Congratulations!!!!
She's beautiful!! I'm so happy for you and T. Congratulations!!
Yay! How precious! Welcome Scarlet!
welcome, scarlett!! we are all so happy that you are here and healthy!
Congrats again! She's beautiful!
All I can say is that she is BEAUTIFUL and I am SO happy for you and T. Enjoy her! Soon her brother will join the family and you will be complete. :)
What a difficult labor! These things we go through to bring babies into the world shape us and mold us. It is life changing to experience pain for our babies. You did it! It's over! I am so happy for you.
She is beautiful. Sorry about the painful labor though. Now you'll have a good story to tell her.
Congrats!!!
Welcome to the world, baby Scarlett!!
Congratulations, Leah and Taher!!
So happy she arrived safe and sound. I hope mommy and daddy are recovering well. She is a beautiful little princess!! Congratulations!
Scarlett is beautiful! I am so happy for you and Taher. Congratulations again!
She's beautiful! Congratz. I bet she can't wait to meet her big brother.
what a beautiful bundle of joy!!! congratulations!!
mel
Congratulations! How exciting! She is beautiful!
Congratulations!!! She is precious!
Oh!! Congratulations =) She is just beautiful.
How is Mommy feeling now?
Let your amazing journey begin! Kahlil will be home shortly =)
Congratulations! She is adorable.
Congrats to both of you! She is gorgeous, of course!
Sam and I are so happy for you guys! She is lovely and I adore her name! Best wishes!
Gorgeous Girlie!!!
3/4 of a complete family...one more and you will be a whole!
She's just a fantastic mix of you and T...
Congratulations!
She's gorgeous!
Congrats to you both, she is beautiful!!!!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations! And I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name! I've always wanted to name a girl that and Sean says NO! I'm glad someone I care for did! She's amazing and I'm so happy for you!
She is a beauty.
congrats.
And I see your little one in Ethiopia is also doing well. That is so exciting.
I am glad you have so many wonderful things happening in your life.
She is so beautiful, congrats! I'm sorry your epidural didn't work, that sounds so painful!!
Oh man she is so cute. Congratulations!
She's beautiful, Leah!
a HUGE congratulations to you. I love her name.
congratualtions! I am reading post backwards since I'm so behind. Glad you are now home and well. Can't wait for the updates!
*tears* SO very happy you are holding your MIRACLE! When I am low I look to your story Leah and know that I can journey on :)
Bask in every ounce of this little beauty!
Much Love and Prayers over this sweet baby girl
xxx
She is perfect!!! Congrats to you both!!!!
She is gorgeous! Congrats!
She is a beauty!! So very happy for you Leah. And now you are getting Kahil very soon too! Wow!
Much love to you all.
And, I am sorry I have been MIA during this exciting time for you.
Post a Comment