1. I have a couple friends traveling to meet their children right now. I am SO excited for them!!! One is in Ethiopia for a court date and she got to meet her son for the first time! Wow! And another is in South Korea meeting her son for the first time! It's so fun to be watching these stories come full circle. So many of the journeys I have been following since my journey began are coming to an end. Or I guess I should say one chapter of the journey is ending, and another beginning.
2. T leaves for Ethiopia in less than a week. He and I have A LOT to do to prepare for his trip still. We have paperwork to fill out, forms to get notarized, bags to pack. Yes, a LOT to do! I'm not looking forward to being a single parent for the week, but at the same time, I'm so excited that T is going to Ethiopia, meeting OUR SON, and finishing another crucial step in this process. T is planning on bringing a video camera and taking video of Nur. I honestly can't believe that in a week, T will be meeting Nur. It's just been such a long time coming. And it's finally going to happen.
3. Right now, I live my life in 2 hour increments. I feed TT, then she usually dozes off, while I run around the house and try to accomplish things, and about 2 hours from when the previous feeding started, TT starts stirring and it's time for feeding again. I often wonder if babies get bored. I mean, I try to engage her as much as possible when she's awake, but she isn't real interactive yet. We go on walks, she sleeps, and the other day, T and I took her to the Minneapolis sculpture gardens, where again, she slept. But. . . we did manage to get some nice pictures.



Life is good, but it's also overwhelming at times. I'm learning a lot about myself. For example, I always thought I loved change. And in most aspects of life, I do. But I'm having a hard time adjusting to the major life changes occurring in my life. Everything is different, and it's taking me a while to adjust. My emotions have definitely balanced out a bit, which is great, because the first few days, I was a hot mess. I'm hoping everyday, I start feeling better and become more myself.
12 comments:
:) Can't wait to hear about T's trip!!! So happy for you guys and it will take time to adjust!!
i know... it's so exciting to see everyone meeting their kiddos! i can't wait to hear how it goes with Khalil!!! and these are BIG changes you're having to adapt to, so a time of transition is DEFINITELY understandable!
I remember the days of "2-hr" feedings with my son...and the wave of emotion during that first week or two after he was born...craziness. You will find that new normal...and when your litte man comes home, you'll find it again. It took us about 3 months to find our new normal after Ella came home in March.
Love the pics!
Beautiful pictures. I am excited that Daddy gets to meet your son really soon. I am excited for you. I know it will be hard without Daddy home. I hope you can ask for some help here and there.
Wow, I'm sure it is overwhelming at times to think how much closer you are getting to meeting your son and having just met your daughter! I imagine it's a wonderful mix of anticipation, fear, exhaustion, love and anxiety!
Leah, she is such a beautiful baby. I know that all babies are adorable, but that little girl is just too beautiful for words! And I'm impressed that you've gotten your emotions all in check...I'm still struggling with it 4 months later :)
Can't wait to hear all about T's trip. It must feel so surreal!
Enjoy the quiet sleepy time! Eventually they "wake up" and will be a little more interested in interacting. Thinking of you in all of this. I'm so excited for those traveling as well! Thinking of you!
I am so excited for T to meet your son! Eek!
Your life is so full right now - I can totally see how emotional all the changes would be. I can tell you are really trying to enjoy this "new" life, but please be gentle with yourself.
She is beautiful, and you are radiating....... I am so happy for the three, and soon, the four of you!!!! Blessings abound!!! Vanessa
She's a cutie pie! I cant wait til you have both your babies in your arms!!!
Oh Golly, I have SO BEEN THERE with the crazy emotions lately! I know exactly how you feel. Dealing with this sort of change is very, very tricky, particularly for someone who usually has life mostly figured out (me, sometimes!) Hey ho... we'll get through this, I know we will!
x
I'll be thinking about you guys next week - praying for safe travels for T and for a good week as a single-mom for you!
Great pictures!
Post a Comment