Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Day in the Life











These past two weeks I've been trying to establish some sort of routine. I haven't been real successful and realize that routines are hard to have when your baby screams of hunger every two hours.

Right now, I am feeding TT about every 2 to 2.5 hours, and my days consist of figuring out what to do between those feedings when she is for the most part pretty sleepy.
Do I sleep?
Do I sweep and vacuum?
Do I get on the internet?
Do I eat?
Do I shower?
Do I run to Tar.get?
Do I do the bills?

Everyday I set goals for myself and everyday I manage to accomplish a couple of them, but not the whole list. A lot of times, I forgot about the list all together, and spend TT's naps holding her and watching her sleep and dream, or breathing in her oh so fresh baby scent. I also spend time staging photo shoots while she's awake because I can't get enough of her beautiful big brown eyes.

I'm also starting to feel more normal everyday. I love being her mama, and I know she isn't going to be this small for long, so I'm trying to memorize every little squishy feature of my daughter.

She has brought so much joy to T and I's lives.










14 comments:

A said...

Wow, she is beautiful!!! I'm sure motherhood takes some adjustment- I think you're doing great!

Lyndsay said...

She's beautiful Leah!!! And I can see so much of both you and T in her already!

Jenny said...

what a happy post! a day in the life sounds wonderful :-)

The Busters said...

I Love all the photos!! She is such a cutie!! I think you are smart just to take it day by day and some days you'll do more than others and that is okay. So happy for you guys!

Becky said...

Oh, Leah! She is so beautiful! She is a perfect blend of you & T..congrats again! and safe travels to T in a few weeks :)

Chelle said...

Leah, she is just precious. It makes my womb ache! lol She is so sweet and tiny.

You'll get your feet under you. It gets easier as they get older and get into their rythm. The first couple months are the hardest.

birthmothertalks said...

I am happy that you are starting to feel more normal every day. Being a new Mom is rewarding and can be an hard adjustment. I think the most important thing to do is take care of her and get the rest you need. Somethings can wait. Other things can't.

Mayme said...

She has really grown! I guess that eating every 2 hours is helping with that:) She is adorable and I am so glad things are going well. You look so happy in your pic!

Jewls said...

She is so beautiful! Forget the routine, just soak up every minute with that sweet baby!

Rachel said...

She is just so adorable and tiny! I feel like I still struggle with the "how to use my time" question - it does get easier though. It sounds like you are doing just what you need to be doing right now - spend lots of time napping and lots of time watching that beautiful girl of yours.

Wendy said...

Oh, she's just beautiful and you look wonderfully happy!

Christy said...

Goals are fine as long as there is no guilt if you can't finish them all. It's only been 2 weeks - I wouldn't expect much of a routine for another 4 weeks at least. ;) Try to relax and enjoy! Sleep when she sleeps! I know that is easier said than done but truly relax about house work, etc. for a few weeks!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

she is so beautiful! enjoy every minute and everything else will wait.

twondra said...

Awww, she's beautiful! I can see why you would want to take pictures when she's awake. :) You look so happy!!