Every month, I look forward to an update on Nur. Every month, a doctor in Addis Ababa visits the orphanage and checks on all of the children's well-being. The doctor checks their height and weight, does the necessary vaccinnations, and writes a report on how the children are developing.
Every month, this is what I have to look forward to. It's so hard not being with Nur, but it makes time pass so much more quickly when we get to see updated photos and an updated medical report monthly.
Yesterday's report made me smile. Nur is a growing boy! He's still a peanut, but every month he's been in the orphanage he's filled out, his eyes sparkle more, and he's gained weight. This is a major success! He now weighs about 14 pounds. My little boy weighs 14 pounds!!!
According to the Doctor:
"Nur is an active male infant with optimum growth and development. He has good appetite and sleep cycle. He rolls over from stomach to back, imitates speech sounds, makes razzing sounds and reacts differently to stranger. He is healthy and thriving well."
Oh, how that makes this mama's heart swell with happiness.
Our agency also told us that courts close August 9th for the rainy season, and they are almost positive that everyone who is matched with a child will get to court before that date. Oh how I hope! Nur will be 6 months old in 2 days, and I HATE missing his milestones. I need him home with his family.
14 comments:
I am so glad to hear about that sparkle in his eyes! I love that! Here's to getting to court any day now! Oh, and perhaps your LAST child-free weekend for a long time!
I'm so glad you got an update...that is the best!!! It sounds like he is doing so well. I hope you hear soon about your court date!
i'm so happy to hear such a glowing update!!! i SOOOOOO hope you can get to court before they close!!! our agency hasn't given us that date yet, but it does sound about right for what i've heard the norm is... hurry up and come home, khalil!
What an excellent report. I get all fluttery and excited just reading about your journey, and how close you are to holding him in your arms and bringing him home :)
I am so with you I LIVED for anything I would get an update on. The pictures weren't always that great and sometimes sad but they were something and I would print them off and just look at them all thru the day, and yes sometimes sitting in her room.
Hoping like mad for a courtdate, SOON!
Oh Leah, that is just awesome. I am so glad to hear that he is doing well and is growing boy!
I WISH you could show those sparkly eyes! I'm sure he is such a handsome boy~
Have a fun weekend....the last one you will share with only T. After that.....HAPPY CHAOS!
Anytime you need to get away for a bit, I'll happily fly up to babysit! I just happen to have an open appt. book right now :(
Happy 4th,
♥,Lilly
What a great report, Leah! (I wish they could come more than once a month!) Hang in there, Khalil--your mama and baba will be there soon! And they, too, have lots of sparkle in their eyes!
YAY for updates!!! And YAY for good updates!! So glad he is growing and gaining weight!! :)
Sounds like a wonderful update. Here's hoping that court date comes soon!
Praying for your to travel to your son before August (or maybe just T) but however it works out will be right! Continuing to lift you up in prayer for the next few days! Enjoy your weekend for your family of 2, it's going to change so soon! Praying for a safe easy delivery of baby girl!! Lots of love!
I bet you really look forward to those updates. :) I hope he's home soon!!
I love that you get updates. I can imagine how much your arms ache to hold that little boy and how much your lips long to kiss his sweet forehead. I pray that you get in before the courts close. Get this little guy home now!
Precious to get these updates. Did you get new pictures too? I hope so.
Praying you get that court date before the cut off.
Post a Comment