Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Funny Girl and Other Musings

I wanted to start off with a pic of my girl. This is how she sleeps. What a little poser! :)


I just want to thak everyone who took the time to comment on my last post. I really appreciate all of your different perspectives on the subject of whether or not I should go to Ethiopia for the 2nd trip to pick up Khalil. I read and pondered each and every comment, and I am just so appreciative of all the different perspectives that were presented.

It's basically all I've been thinking about the past few days, and I think I've reached a decision. I have been very torn over my head and my heart. My head is telling me one thing, but my heart is telling me something else very different. I'll share my decision soon. The only reason I don't want to share today is because it may change in the next hour, day or week. But I will share.

In other news, one week from TODAY is our court date! WOW!!! I really can't believe it! ONE WEEK! In just one week, T will be standing in front of a judge in Ethiopia, and the decision will be made if Khalil will officially and legally be OUR son. Very exciting, and very overwhelming. I just pray for no complications at all.








12 comments:

Jenny said...

hoping and praying for a PASS at your court date!!!

Chelle said...

One week?! Wow! T gets to meet your son then too!

Also, the waffling every hour, day, or week is part of post partum. lol

Scarlett is so beautiful. Isn't motherhood the most amazing thing?

Andrea said...

Praying!

Michele said...

praying for your family! so happy for you!

Alissa said...

How exciting!!! Just one week! You and Taher are in our thoughts!

Joie said...

That? Is the most exciting news! I am so happy for you and your family!! So freaking awesome!!!

Jewls said...

Oooo, this is SO exciting! I got the chills reading this post! I love sleeping baby pictures, what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Scarlett is just a dolly! hold her tight they grow so so fast!

Very exciting to hear T gets to leave in a week. OMG the feeling of being able to hold your son.. I know that feeling well =)
Have a safe and exciting trip. Can he take a photo with his cell phone and email it to you?

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Aww love the pic! She is soo beautiful!! One week!! Best of luck to you guys! I can't wait to hear.uhh..read all about it:) LOL

Christy said...

Also praying for no complications! So excited that it's coming up. Adorable picture of your baby girl! :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

Good Luck in court! can't wait for you to pass so we can all see his sweet face! I hope you somehow feel settled with whatever decision you make.

Candace said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and I wanted to tell you how EXCITED I am for you! And your little girl is adorable, I had my little boy on July 1st and can I say newborns are SO busy but SO fun! Congratulations :)