I can only speak for myself, but it seems like at this point in the pregnancy, is when you forego the thought that you may actually have a baby, and instead, become fairly convinced that you may be pregnant forever. That's how I'm feeling right now.
Last week at my appointment with my midwife, I was 1 cm dilated, and 50% effaced. I go to another midwife appointment today at 11:30 (CST) and am hoping (but not expecting) that there has been progress.
I've been taking it easy the past few days. Up until this point, I've been going like crazy, and I just can't do it anymore. I feel bad because I've missed some social engagements I've rsvp'd for, I haven't returned calls from dear friends. The truth is, is that I'm tired right now. I'm also introspective. I prefer to be at home with T or alone, and really take things in. I've been extremely reflective on my life, all of the blessings in it, and how drastically it is about to change. Not only that, but I'm still working, and it takes every ounce of energy to show up to my job everyday, so I don't have energy for much else. I hope you understand my friends. . . and hope you know I am not intentionally blowing anyone off.
I told T that I want to spend the weekend with him doing special things. As you have probably noticed, I am in a state of mourning over my current life, and how much it will change. It's a weird thing. . . to want a family so badly yet mourn the life you'll be leaving. But that is me right now. So, this weekend T and I will go to a movie (Yes, I am SO dragging his butt to Twilight Eclipse. Can't wait!) and then my sis and I are getting pedicures on Saturday. I also plan on doing a lot of house organizing and just hanging.
T is convinced that this will be a 4th of July baby. I would love for him to be right. He's right about most things, so who knows. Me though, I feel like I could be pregnant for at least another week.
Any of you care to guess when this baby girl will enter the world?
20 comments:
i think it's good to take this time and just enjoy it... your time alone and your time with T. i'm gonna say 7/7 is when she'll come! hope T's right though :-)
I totally understand that sense of mourning and anticipation - I think that's part of why we put off having kids for so long...we like our life together, just the two of us! And...we also really want a family. Makes complete sense to me :)
well, you have dropped so it could be any time. do you have symptoms yet??
i say go 4th of JULY - that way we share another b-day, lol (we already have 4th sept, lol)
other then that - enjoy your last weekend as a couple!!!
blessings,
mel
Mel - You think I've dropped? that just totally made my day. :)
because you made plans, and babies tend to come JUST when things aren't "just right" I think July 2nd or July 3rd.
I want to wish you and very safe and happy delivery :) your about to fall in love all over again!
yes!! pretty sure from what it looks like. :-)
you know there are some ways to start labour (hint hint) - giggle.
My guess is going to be July 8th...but I hope you don't have to wait that long! I like that you are being so honest about your feelings - no one really told me that they felt like that before they had kids so I felt totally guilty for even feeling that way! But now I do think it's normal (people have told me after the fact!). So excited for you and to see your little girl!
I so know exactly what you feel on being pg forever. If you remember I had no progress the day before I went into labor so just remember it can happen quickly! I so hope its a 4th of July baby that would be so neat
I am guessing July 9th but I am hoping T is right and she comes sooner. I think it is totally normal to feel the way you are feeling. Sounds like you have the perfect weekend plans! Sending you lots and lots of LOVE!!!
I always wanted a 4th of July baby! (My son was born in January) LOL! To my family the 4th is like Christmas, so a 4th Birthday would be awesome!!! I still sing the song "he's a yankee doodle dandy...born on the 4th of July) Best of everything to you for whenever she arrives!
I am guessing July 3rd!!
i totally feel ya on the mourning the present life even though you are SO excited about the upcoming new life with babies. It's a tough bag of emotions, but I can't wait to hear about the new chapter. :)
Oh wow. were having a family get together on the fourth but If I had to guess, I would say late 3rd early 4th for ya. Praying for you and yours. xoxo, Kandi Ann
4th of July would be awesome!! I totally understand your mourning (minus the pregnant part, lol) but once they get here it's so fun...and dates become so awesome because they are more rare!!
You look beautiful and I cant wait for the next chapter of our life entitled, "Monkeys".
My guess is July 6th and she will weigh 6lbs, 9oz. Dark hair and blue eyes. Easy labor. Name: LILLY
;~)
Thinking about you sweetie~
♥,Lilly
Well, of course I like July 9, because that's MY birthday; so obviously that day guarantees awesomeness! Hehe...; )
Nah, I hope for your sake it is sooner! She'll be awesome regardless! = )
Eww, the end is so close. This is the exciting part. Not knowing which day the baby will arrive and anticipating her so much! I'm so excited for you! And as far as "dropping" I never dropped. And I never had a single contraction until the real deal. So you just never know!
I hope you enjoy your weekend and the movie! I wanna see it, too. :) I hope you do have a Fourth of July baby. :)
I think it is perfectly natural to mourn the end of life as you know it. You are heading into the unknown. Leaving behind the familiaar and comfortable past for what you only know now as the future turmoil. It is the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one.
I vote with T on 7/4. ;)
Post a Comment