Monday, June 7, 2010

Could It Be?

My blogger has been down all day, but it seems to be working now. (Knocking on wood that I don't write some thought provoking post to only have it disappear) My solution. . . I'll write a non thought provoking post so if it does get erased, because blogger is crazy today, I won't really care so much. :)

1. STILL no word on a court date. I know I have said this before, but adoption is a huge rollercoaster. After getting our referral, I was on cloud 9. I couldn't quit smiling. Well, that was May 4th. Today is June 7th, and still no word. It's difficult, but it's life.

2. T and I made a lot more progress on Khalil's room. We went to IKEA over the weekend. Love that store! We only have a couple finishing touches left, and then I cannot wait to share pics. Perhaps even this week?

3. Even though I don't have my kids with me yet, I'm already trying to play fair. If baby girl gets something, Khalil needs to get something. Well, baby girl has a wardrobe to die for! (It doesn't hurt that her cousin is 6 months and our girl keeps getting hand-me-downs) Well, I felt bad so I went and did some shopping for Khalil. I'm trying to buy clothes that are 9 months and older. Although I'm guessing when we get him, even though he'll probably be 8 months old at that time, that he'll fit into 6 months clothing. He's a peanut, but I have no doubt that America will fatten him up. :)

4. Our house currently looks like a baby zone! The rooms are nearly ready, we have a pack-n-play up, toys. Now we just need babies!

5. I have a lot of fun posts planned for this week, so I hope blogger behaves!

And I leave you with a sunset from my favorite place in the world. Our cabin in west central Minnesota.

Happy Monday ya'll!




9 comments:

Kala said...

Oh, what a beautiful place. I can't wait to see some picures of the rooms!

BrandiB said...

I laughed when you said it looked like baby zone. Ours still looked like that 3 years later!
Hope you hear something soon!!!!!

The Busters said...

This whole waiting for a court date thing is getting harder and harder. ugh. Hoping we both hear something soon! I am excited to see pics of Khalil's room!
I love that sunset! Holy Wow!!

AL said...

Beautiful photo!

Can't wait to see pics of the new rooms.

(and blogger was down for me too! so frustrating!)

Rachel said...

Isn't it so fun when your house starts having baby stuff everywhere...because soon there will a baby (actually for you two babies!) as well :) I hope you hear about the court date soon!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Can't wait to see what you did to the baby rooms!!

Paula Keller said...

That's us too... a baby room just-a-waitin' for some babies! :)

You can compose posts in Word or whatever document maker you have, and then paste them into blogger. That way you can save them if blogger is acting up.

Week 36 on Wednesday, right?

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I love it! Before long it will look like a daycare!! Love the pic!

twondra said...

Awww, beautiful!!

I hope you hear about a court date soon. We're all anxious to hear, too. :)