I started this blog in August to document the adoption process. The adoption process isn't always real exciting, as there are many times of simply waiting and nothing else. But, I always want to keep up with my blog, so I find other things to blog about. Then in December when I announced I was also pregnant, that added another element to my blog and something else to write about. How many of our blogs start as one thing, and then morph into something else? I have a feeling it's pretty common.
I often think about when I'll stop blogging. I thought about stopping once my children are here, but I feel like I owe it to everyone who has followed this journey to at least let you all in on a glimpse of two babies. . . 6 months apart. (hyperventilating over here!) But I think I will stop eventually. I also plan on quitting face.book once and for all, and really work on simplifying my life. (That's my plan. . . We'll see how it works)
But I would miss my blog friends, that's for sure. Let me tell you about one of my blog friends Mandy from The Campbell Family Party of 3. This woman is BEYOND amazing, let me tell you. This year she sent me a Mother's Day Card. My first one EVER. It was the most thoughtful thing ever. Then she decided to make Khalil and Baby Girl a gift. Look at these. How precious! The made in Ireland one totally cracked me up. Hee. hee. :)
And does anyone have any blog pet peeves? I thought it would be fun to document them. And if your blog has any of the things I mention, please do not be offended. This is just my list, and I guarantee my blog annoys people as well.
BLOG PET PEEVES
1. Music to your blog. Okay people, I do the majority of my blog reading at work. When I open your blog, I don't want to hear music. Not only that, but a lot of times I already am listening to music via pand.ora radio. So then when I open your blog, the music really clashes with my music.
2. Word verification. I'm sure there is a great security reason behind this, but sometimes I just want to leave a comment and then be done with it. I don't want to have to verify some random word.
3. Grammar. Okay, I don't proofread my blog, and I guarantee every post of mine has at least one error. . . if not several. But I've read some posts that are SO bad, it detracts from their wonderful message.
4. Disappearing blogs. There are some blogs that I followed that just disappear. One day I'll go to them, and they are gone. What??? At least say goodbye. I think about the people who have disappearing blogs, and I just hope they are okay because it would take something severe for me to just shut down without an explanation.
So, that is my list. Any blog pet peeves you have?
25 comments:
too funny! i do have the word verification, which i also hate... my alternative is comment moderation and i don't feel like having them all emailed to me first :( laziness on my part leads to extra work on yours!!!
i also am not a huge fan of the music thing... i had some on mine briefly and then realized it was annoying.
love the made in ireland onesie!
Didn't know that about word verification or moderation. Makes sense to me now. :) And it's not that I don't like the music, but I'll be at my desk and all of a sudden music will start blaring, and I can imagine my boss thinking, "Leah must be checking blogs again." Hee hee. :)
Those shirts are adorable! I am amazed at you with 2 kids 6 months apart. :) I hear once they're older it can make life easier but those first few months will be rough at times I'm sure.
I'm blogging about the adoption process but also it's a great journal for my kids. I'm not good at journaling off line so this is great - we can look back at funny stories.
Thinking of you! Hope to hear about the court date soon!
lol - there was one lady and i followed her blog for months to her journey to pick up her child. once she had travel dates she set on private - WHAT?? uncool.
as for grammar and misspelling - i'm probably one of them people, but it drives me insane myself. english is not my first language and not expressing myself in a more professional way then i do on my blog, may leave the impression i'm somewhat - low IQ?? lol
blog pet peeve:
to much junk on ones blog that makes it look unorganized and cluttered.
this is not so much for one on the blog, but people on FB putting their pets as a profile pic - yikes, last week somebody put his fish-tank in his profile pic, sigh.
blog - blurry pics! WHY? don't you want to show the world the best of you?
blog - exclusively pictures of children, not one of self, ever.
blog - mindless jabbering and beating around the bush.
oh my i could go on, ha ha.
and oh no - please don't stop blogging. it will be so helpful for many to follow along on how your children adjust and grow etc :-)
have a good one,
mel
Ya, I don't like musical blogs either...and the word verification is annoying most of the time!
Ok so stressful for a while and then I bet 6 months apart will be good in the close in age playmate department. Those are awesome shirts!
Lets see my blog pet peeves, I say its grammer and spelling, which is why I would never read my blog, its awful, I HATE typing and typically think faster then I can type so words get all out of order, see I've already fixed about 5 words + while typing that.
I love following an adoption story and hate it when they end it whent he kids get home, you feel like you are a part and know that child and understand the excitment then its said when you never hear anything again.
One blog had really fun music, the thing is when you are stuck on dial up the music and all the etc stuff ont he sidebars lock up my computer, I realize I am probably one of the only ones left that have this problem.
What an awesome gift from Mandy!!! The 'Made in Ireland' made me laugh as well. So creative.
I am with you on the music thing because I also read blogs at work (oops!). My main pet peeve is when there are designs on the side of the blog that end up covering up some of the words or the colors of the blog make the words hard to read. :)
I hate word verification as well.
If you decide to stop blogging, don't just delete your blog. Download it using blurb.com software and you can make a book for yourself as a keepsake. I think you will really be touched to be able to read your feelings and story 10, 20 years from now.
I have very much enjoyed following your blog, and it would be great if you continue sharing with us for a little while once both baby girl and Khalil are at home. We are interested, and we do care, but I also understand if eventually you decide to stop blogging. My blog pet peeve is also the music.
I hope you don't disappear after your babies enter your world - I will miss you! But I understand that time and privacy are very different once babies are in the picture. :) Like you, though, I get a bit engrossed in the lives of fellow bloggers, so it's shocking when they disappear out of the blue!
I am not a big fan of the word verification, but I guess I understand the purpose. With my wordpress set up I don't have to do that because people have to type in their email addresses (just the first time). It guarantees that they are real people and not spammers! Definitely hate the music, and also really funky/distracting designs that make it hard to read the words!
I have enjoyed reading your blog, it's fun to watch the progress! :o)
Not that you read my blog, but sorry about the pet peeves... The word verification is a security thing, I don't enjoy spam.
Not taking down the music....sorry :o) Turn down the music on your monitor and it won't blare...lol just a thought. :o)
The people that go private usually do so because someone has posted ugly things about their adoption, or there are issues surrounding the adoption that they don't want someone in say...Egypt reading... or because family members get ugly and start using things said on blogs against the family. Unfortunately people feel like if you put it out there in blogville they are entitled to judge you for it.
Just my 2 cents.
Have a wonderful day!
Andrea
Andrea - Perhaps I should actually use word verification as lately I have been getting quite a bit of spam, which is annoying.
And I like your music choice, but I can't turn my speakers down because I'm always listening to the Beatles over Pandora. Hee hee. :) I love your blog though, just my lil pet peeves with blogs in general. :)
Leah,
You can NEVER leave us!!! What would we do without you? I haven't followed your blog nearly as long as some, but do have to tell you that I'd miss your posts terribly, as I can't wait to follow the happenings of your "wee ones". Yes, you need Mommy time and I get that, but ditch Face Book not us...LOL Do what you have to do sweet friend, but know you would be missed :)
Okay, so my blog peeves are:
word verification...have it on mine, but don't like it. Music doesn't bother me so much. Oh, and awards, I love them, but passing them along is my down fall, as I just don't take the time to do it..shame on me! Gotta do better on that one :)
Hugs and Love and have a great week. Also, thank you for always supporting me along this journey...you are the best!
Ohhhh... I would MISS you!!! Maybe we could all chip in and pay for a babysitter so you can find some weekly blog time! :)
The music drives me crazy too - (I'm also trying to be sneaky at work.
I don't mind ONE word verification, but it seems like some blogs have multiple hoops to jump through just to leave a comment.
Yep, the music. Not a fan. Often don't like the choices, and I like my volume up a bit so that when I choose to view things on the net with sound, I don't have to go turning up my volume. Sometimes sudden music makes my heart skip a beat! Of course, I suppose I have to respect personal choice ;)
Please don't stop blogging....I've read your blog from the very beginning (although i'm awful with commenting) and i would hate you see you go! But i'd totally understand.
Can't wait for your babies to come!!
Hey, I forgot to say that I would miss your blog as well. It's always great to read how life is 'after'... the good bad and ugly. And your's may morph as mine did since what we do on the day to day is pretty mundane...busy as heck, but mundane. :o)
Hey good music choices :o)
A
I hate private blogs. It's such a pain to log in to them, I usually just don't bother!
I love those shirts!
LOL! Awww! I love ya girly and you can never leave us:(..okay you can but that wouldn't be cool!! I do understand completely about wanting to stop. However I keep going on because adoption was put into my heart for a reason and I must share our story with whoever wants to read it. I am so glad you like your onesies for the babies! Post office said you should get them by this Friday! Yay!!! Now you just need two babies! Also Sierra was so excited about mailing them that we forgot to put baby girls bows in the package so they will be a few days behind the clothes LOL. Sierra told the post master the WHOLE story. "We love adoption and Leah is going to have two babies, one from her heart and one from her tummy." :)
I could never stop blogging just because of the friends I've made. The support I get from this community floors me, and I have grown to really care about some of my blog friends, yourself included. The whole experience has been way too amazing to consider going away.
I am 100% with you on the music front. I listen to P at work too, so it IS annoying when someone has a music player. I always have to scroll to it and stop it before I can read blogs.
While I am a writer by profession, I am still prone to errors in my writing. Sometimes I read over my posts and shake my head at all of the mistakes. lol What can you do?
I guess I have three of your pet peeves :( I have music because I listen to it on my own, its like my own ipod. I'm a bad speller and my grammer stinks. I would be the first to admit it. And the verify a word thing? I don't know if mine does it or not. Is there a way to turn it off?
Heehee! I don't even know if I have word verification!
Love the onesies! :)
Sorry I've been MIA... I still read, but usually with Colby sleeping on my lap or something so comments don't usually get written!
I couldn't agree more! I HATE music on a blog! Although I have to use word verification to avoid spammers, I agree. It's annoying, too!
Please don't stop! I love coming here- I'm sorry I haven't been commenting alot lately (HUG). I don't mind the word verification so much, but the music is not my favorite!!!
Love the shirts! And not sure if you were checking my blog, but I didn't disappear but I wasn't as ACTIVE for a bit :) But I am back! LOL :)
Post a Comment