This week I got a beautiful package at the door all the way from my friend A in Norway. A is the first real Norwegian I'd ever met. I mean, I had met many people whose Grandma had come from Norway and things like that, but this was a real life girl. . . actually from Norway. :) We ended up getting placed together as roommates my sophomore year of college, with two other women also.
A is the most wonderful person, and after that year of school ended, we kept in touch, and A has been back many many times to visit T and I. We haven't lived together since 2000 (holy crap! 10 years ago!) but our friendship remains strong through the use of internet. . . and of course plane rides across the Atlantic. :)
She just had a baby last July 11th, and although I'd love baby girl to share A's daughter's birthday, I also wouldn't mind having the baby MUCH before that date. Hee hee. :)
Here is the beautiful gift from A and her daughter. . . straight from Norway. I love the culture my babies will experience through life and through friends. :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend!
14 comments:
How cute! Love the little bibs :).
What adorable bibs!!
oh how sweet! that's great of her to send those ALL the way from Norway!!!! so cute!
There's nothing like "true" friendship. One of my besties lives in Belgium :)
Yay for Norway!!! It truly is a beautiful and magical place. I am only a half Norwegian (mom from Norway and dad from New York), so I'm not real real Norwegian. :) But I grew up spending my summers there with my grandparents, so it sure does hold a special place in my heart. And you may already know this, but that mean's "breakfast" on the bib! Been following your blog and can't wait to see both of your babies! (http://whenwebelong.blogspot.com/2010/03/norwegian-nostalgia.html)
Wes And Nina. . . I actually didn't know what the bib said, so I appreciate you telling me. I was actually thinking because of the picture that maybe it meant train. Ha! I was way off. :)
What a fun surprise!!! And it is all so cute!!!
Yeah, I thought it was weird that the picture didn't really match the word. haha! I was trying to think of the best way for an american to pronounce frokost....i guess the closest would be "froo-coast". Just roll or gurgle your 'R' and you'll have that norwegian word down. :)
Whew....glad I read the comments before commenting! I was going to ask what they said~
So sweet of your friend, and such a thoughtful gift as you will go through about 6 bibs a day~
I hope you continue to have good days....less than 2 weeks to go!
Anxiously awaiting the "I'm in labor" & "heading out to get Khalil" posts~
Take good care,
♥,Lilly
So cute!!! Your babies are so blessed already!!!
That is so sweet, and those are adorable! I have enjoyed reading all your thoughts and emotions as the time nears for your big life changes. (Sorry I haven't been able to comment but I read blogs on my phone while nursing, and it doesn't work half the time when I try to comment so I rarely try from there.)
Anyway, you are in my prayers as your due date nears and also for things to move along well with bringing Khalil home! Hang in there. :)
Awww, how cute! That's wonderful you have such a good friend like that! That's really neat!!
There is nothing like a package waiting on the doorstep. Which reminds me, I need your address to send you the bear you won two months ago. *insert sheepish smile and slight blushing* In my defense, the bear has been out of sight out of mind, but Baby Bean found him the other day, which reminded me I need to send him. Tee hee. :)
The outfits are so cute. Do you know what will make them even cuter? Babies wearing them. You're in the home stretch!
So stinking cute! I came home today to some tutus for Cala that a friend made for me--they are so stinking cute I just keep picking them up and staring at them!!!
Ready for your babies to be home with you and see pics of your WHOLE family of four there!
Post a Comment