
Okay, so I'm not pregnant in this picture, but I do like the picture, and well, I forgot to take a picture this week. I don't think my belly has changed much since last week, so I guess this picture will just have to do for now. ;) And hopefully within the next few days I'll be able to show you some professional shots of myself. A friend of mine is starting her photography career and asked if I would be her maternity subject. She has a lot of talent, and I have no doubt the pictures will turn out beautifully.
Apparently, 37 weeks is considered full term. Meaning if this baby was born today, her lungs would pretty much be mature and she'd have an excellent prognosis. I still have a feeling I'm in this for at least another 3 weeks.
I had a mini-breakdown yesterday. I don't know if it's from the hormones, not sleeping well, or what, but I had a day full of stress that started when I stumbled across a blog of a woman whose baby died in her womb at 40 weeks pregnant. My bloggy friend Emily left me a comment the other day on my blog from your yoga instructor that said, "Don't indulge imagination." I love it, and thought of that quote several times yesterday during my above mentioned mini-breakdown. I've just come so far is all. I have this fear that all of this will go away. Today I'm trying to be positive and push away any negative thought, and be grateful for today. Not always easy, but I really am trying.
I've had many women who have had babies in the last year come up to me recently and ask me if I'm miserable, because at this point in their pregnancy, they were miserable. Am I miserable? No. And from day one of this pregnancy I have vowed not to be one of those women who complained about every.single.symptom of pregnancy. Pregnancy is a blessing. I can handle the aches, pains, and uncomfortableness that comes with it. Am I ready to have this baby? Definitely. But I'm not miserable, and if I had to, I could be pregnant for another few months. (If I HAD to) Maybe I'm just lucky with this pregnancy. Or maybe the power of attitude is that powerful. Whatever the case, I'm grateful for how well I feel and hope it continues until baby girl enters the world.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
- Benjamin Franklin
11 comments:
Happy 37 weeks! That is such a cool picture :) Hang in there as the time grows near when you'll meet your little girl!
37 weeks is wonderful! You're almost there! Hope to see pictures of that baby pretty soon! :)
what an awesome picture!
I am with you, terrified until the end if I ever could have gotten pregnangt on my own or carried the one thru IVF. The infertile part of us make it to where we do not complain about something like beign pregnant because you know you are just so lucky and what a miracle it is. Hang in there becasue really what else can you do? you can wish time to fast forward so that you can make sure everything will turn out but then you will look back with some regreats that you missed out on actually beign pregnant. My fear of never getting our daughter home made me fastforward all the time becaue I just wanted us all to be home as a family, and I was luckly enough to get to live in Gautemala with her the last 8 months, I still of course regreat I didn't really enjoy her being little.
Stinking infertility just screws us up all the way around, but then again with your son coming home and our daughter home its also a blessing.
I've just scribbled down both of those quotes... I love them and needed to hear them today.
Congratulations on 37 weeks!
I am so glad that quote helped you!! I know that I have been repeating it to myself over and over lately too. I keep wondering what will happen if we don't get through court before the rainy season and all sorts of other bad thoughts. But there really is no point in this type of imagination. I am sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts!! XOXOXOXO
yay for 37 weeks! i, too, needed to hear that quote "don't indulge imagination." thank you!
Leah,
You have always managed to "keep in the sunlight" and that makes you even more beautiful :)
As for the photo...I cringed when I saw it, but said "no way she's on a horse" :) LOL
I'm still blissful for you sweet friend and send you love and a plethora of blessings!
On another note, I CAN NOT wait to see little K's sweet face...the photo was a tease, but we will see him soon enough :)
Lastly, my dear friend from childhood, who suffered infertility for 11 years received her miracle last week! Her baby arrived via adoption into her arms at just minutes old. Just couldn't resist sharing :)
xxx
Well said, "Do not indulge imagination." So true. Its like you told me, we do have a tendency to do it. I think the more we try not to the easier it will become to not.
I am so with you, I enjoyed every second of my pregnancy. Right up until the end when I was so huge my belly sat on the chair with my butt. I LOVED it. In fact, after Baby Bean was born, I just wanted to be pregnant again ASAP. I cried when I left the hospital because I wasn't pregnant anymore. Enjoy every second! I kind of hope you have three more weeks to just enjoy it.
You and I are so much alike sometimes. It makes me smile. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
Give baby girl a hug from me and Baby Bean.
*hugs*
I completely understand how you feel regarding the pregnancy and still being worried that everything will turn out okay. I am one week behind you, and although I feel great, I still have moments where I worry. I also have been determined not to complain during this pregnancy because I'm so thankful to actually be pregnant! Hang in there!! Heather
Happy 37 weeks! I read a similar blog of a woman at 39w2d that lost her baby and lived with that in the back of my mind for the last few weeks. A lot of prayers and faith that everything would work out was needed. I also reminded myself that I could only do what I could do. Also I tried to distract myself with jamming in those last few weeks.
That's beautiful Leah. :) Such a wonderful way of putting it. Happy 37 weeks! Can't believe how fast it has gone!
Post a Comment