To my beautiful TT, today you woke up crying just after midnight. Usually, I would let you cry for a few minutes, and then perhaps rub your back until you dozed off again. But this time, I walked in your room, and you stood up and said, "Sleep Mama," and I grabbed you so quickly and brought you into bed with me. (which meant I kicked your Baba out of the bed and banished him to the guestroom) The thought of getting to spend every moment with you on your 2nd birthday was exactly what I wanted.
At 5:30am, you started waking up slowly, playing with my hair, and talking gently, I rolled over and said, "Happy Birthday TT" and you screamed in delight, and yelled "TT birthday!!!"
Yes my beautiful daughter. . . today you are 2.
We walked into the kitchen, and you saw this, and screamed, "Wow!"
When I told you that you needed to wait until Nur and your Baba were up to open presents, you quickly started yelling their names, until they finally got up. You loved opening your presents, and when you were finished, you looked at Baba and asked, "More presents?"
We then spent a few hours at the zoo looking at animals and eating unhealthy foods, and enjoying our time as a family.
As I write this, you are sleeping soundly in your bed, and I am thinking of how much I love you.
I love your independence, and how strong willed you are. I love that even though my "baby" is 2, you still indulge me in acting like my baby. You are most likely going to be my last child, and you must know how badly I want to keep you young, and you indulge me daily in cuddles, and kisses, and you insist on being held by me. I'll never tire of this sweet child. I will hold you as long as you'll let me.
I love the bond you have created with your brother. I love how you don't even remember a life where the two of you weren't joined in the bonds of sister and brotherhood. I love your kindness towards him, and how you make sure he is included in absolutely everything.
I love how excited you get about things. Such as when Nana and Gidu come to the door, you schriek and scream with delight. Or at the zoo today, when I told you we were going to see a lion, you were so excited, that you turned around, and started saying goodbye to all the other animals we had just visited. "Bye Bears!!!" "Bye Tigers."
You have enriched my life and everyone's life you have touched in so many ways. You are pure joy, wrapped up in this little spunky package, with crazy Egyptian hair. It's hard to believe that you're 2. I can hardly believe it. It seemed like you were just born.
I love you, and I hope you have the best birthday yet baby girl! :)
7 comments:
Very sweet. Hope she had a fun birthday.
TWO?!! How on Earth did that happen so fast? :)
Happy birthday, TT! You are so, so loved! :)
TWO! WOOHOO!!! Happy Birthday!
I love that you did the zoo! That actually sounds like a really good idea. I think we might rather do something like that next year instead of having a party.
It's so funny how they can be independent one second and all lovey the next.
Can she make a two by holding up two fingers on one hand? Mine can't, and so they proudly hold up one index finger on both hands when you ask how old they are. haha!
I forget mine should have been in the over much longer! Their due date was like July 8th or something crazy like that. Three weeks early...
Yay, two!
Such a sweet note to your precious two year old (how is that possible??? Saying time flies is a vast understatement). Glad TT gives you all the hugs a mama's heart can hold!
Happy Birthday, TT!! It looks like a great birthday celebration!
Happy Birthday!!!!!
Dang life goes by fast when your a momma! It seems like she was just born!!!
What a sweet post! She'll really appreciate it one day.
Post a Comment