My parents are amazing people. Just all around amazing. The way they support me as a mom is unprecendented. I hope someday that I can be the parent to Nur and TT that my parents are to me. No really. . . they are AMAZING!!!
Not only did they watch the children for a few days, but they also cleaned and organized our home. Our garage is completely clean and organized. My Dad finished painting all the trim work on our home, after he spent hours scraping old paint (And it was in the upper 90's in the good old MN) My parents and youngest brother also cleaned up our yard. They mowed our lawn, they weeded, they cut down dead trees and brush, they planted flowers, and the yard looks amazing. The inside of the house is also amazing. My mom scrubbed the bathroom, cleaned floors, and rearranged furniture. Laundry was done and put away, and everything was impeccable. We got home from the airport with a freshly baked apple pie in our kitchen.
I try to give my parents the thanks they deserve, but they always tell me that it's such a privilege to get to spend time with my kids. And I know it's a privilege, but to take care of 2 kiddos AND get to house and yard work that we've been neglecting for much too long. . . I just don't know how to properly show my appreciation for that.
I don't know how they do it? T and I never are caught up. As much as I would like to be, I feel like we never get to it all. Perhaps my parents have just had more practice at this homeowning business.
Whatever it is. . . I am eternally grateful to my parents. First, for loving my children so richly and deeply, and second, for loving me so much that they ease the burden of life for me.
I have the highest standards to live up too.
Painted the first weekend of June, but now the white trim is also complete
7 comments:
Wow, they sound amazing!
Awww, so great to hear about good relationships with parents/grandparents...it doesn't always work out so well. Sounds like you're all great role models for your kids to see what a loving family is, something they'll pass on to their kids too. My parents are awesome too. I think you have more energy for grandkids because it isn't a 24/7 job, maybe? Either way, sounds like you have a great relationship going :)
GREAT parents!!! Wow. They must have needed a vacation after all of that!
Holy cow! That is a LOT of work!
I also aim to be like my parents someday. So glad you guys had a fun trip!! The house looks great!
Awww, what a heartwarming thing to come home to! Your parents are lovely. :)I'm sure the kids had a blast!
It is something special, this grandparent love. It slays me (in the coolest, best way) to see such love in the eyes of Arlo's grandparents for him. I love seeing someone marvel at him.
Your parents are awesome! I can't wait to do that for my kids someday.
Post a Comment