I have some more randomness from my household. Eventually, I think I'm going to put together a coherent post, but today is not that day.
"Oh my gosh!" That is what I said one day to TT as I was changing her diaper. I looked at what was in there, and that expression came out of my mouth. Now, everytime I change her diaper, she yells, "Oh my gosh!" It's hilarious.
TT is obsessed with her nuki. But when she sees food or a drink she wants to try, she'll throw her nuki across the room and say, "All done nuki."
This morning I was in the kitchen with Nur getting his breakfast ready. Last I had seen TT, she was in his bedroom, and it had gotten very quiet. Nur started saying, "TT, where are you?" (Think Scooby Doo. That's what he sounds like) TT came out, and had lotion all over her face and hands. She showed her hands to Nur and said, "TT lotion. TT pretty." Nur said, "OK." I just can't get over that these two actually are communicating with words!!!
Nur and TT often tell each other to quit crying. Today Nur was crying at the table, and TT said, "No cry sissy." Then TT was crying on her changing table as I brushed through snarly hair, and Nur said, "TT, no crying." TT's reaction? She started sobbing, and pointed at Nur, and kept saying, "No sissy!" "No!!!" Oh my. . . my daughter is. . . passionate.
I enjoy a glass of wine some evenings. As I drink it, both kids will point to it and say, "Mama Juice!" Last night, I had a beer instead. I showed it to Nur and TT and said, "Mama Juice." Nur says, "No Mama. Beer." Okay. . . I guess my son knows beer.
TT wants to do everything I'm doing. Some things though, I just need to get done. She'll come up to me and say, "TT's turn!" I try to explain to her that it's actually Mama's turn, and her response is always, "5 minute." She is starting to get the concept of taking turns and I try to put a value to how long one of them gets a turn. And now she walks around the house saying 5 minute.
When TT wants me to hold her, she either says, "Hold You" or "Up and Down."
This weekend TT and I headed to my parent's house for my friend's shower, while Nur stayed with T at our house. One, we thought this would be a good opportunity to have bonding 1:1 with our kiddos, and two, Nur doesn't travel well, so we thought it would be less disruptive if he stayed home. Well, the boys had a blast!
The girls had a blast too! And when we sleep at my parent's house, I often share a bed with TT. Well, I'm creating a monster. The last two nights, she woke up just sobbing, and when I would come in to see her, she would say through the tears, "Sleep Mama." I was tired, didn't want to fight it, so I brought her into bed with me. She cuddles up to me, facing me, and plays with my hair, until she passes out. How do I say no to that?
Nur and TT like to pretend to sleep in the same crib together.
Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:
They are so adorable. I love when they start really communicating like that. Just wait until they get a little bit older and they start saying even crazier things.
I love how much of a laugh kids are. They make life so incredible.
Love this post. I love the moments when toddlers start talking and say the cutest things.
Awww, they say the cutest things!!
"mama juice"! haha-I love it!
o my goodness, they are getting so big - such big kids! All the talking and communicating, it's so amazing. love hearing about them and their personalities!
They are just so stinking cute!!!!
Post a Comment