This picture is typical TT. Oh, this 2 year old of mine can be a little (big) stinker. She wears us down pretty heavily, but then in the next breathe, she loves on us so perfectly, that all else is forgotten.
Consistent parenting is difficult. Sometimes, I just want easy. And easy can sometimes mean macaroni and cheese for dinner and a lot of Curious George on the TV. It can also mean giving into this child's many many demands, and attitude, and whatever she chooses to bring on that particular day. Yes, this parenting thing is not easy. Some days are better than others.
But I love being this girl's mama. She is a special child. Yes, my 2 and a half year old is nuki obsessed. So much to the point that she now color coordinates her nuki to whatever she is wearing. It's pathetic actually. She's smart enough to color coordinate and make her nukie and accessory, which makes me think it's BEYOND time to get rid of it. Consistent parenting. Following the rules I set out for myself. And one of those rules is nuki at bedtime only! I will follow through with this until her two remaining nukis disappear. FOREVER. Mark my word.
TT loves so well. The other day, the song "You are my Sunshine" came on. She ran and embraced me, held my face, and said, "Mama, it's our song!" And it is our song. I sing it EVERY night before bed. I have for the past 2 and a half years. Our song. She also wants to dress just like me.
I laugh that she has a closet full of clothes, because the only thing she will wear these days is he dress up princess dresses. Her favorite one currently being Rapunzel. She even sleeps in it half the time. She's going to freak (in a good way) when she realizes that I'm bringing her to a Cinderella Ball in a couple of weeks. She will be the bell of the ball.
My TT. She is my girl. She is a little me in so many ways, minus the looks department. As she gets older, she starts looking as far from me as possible. Someone asked me the other day if she was adopted.
TT is a wor in progress, just like we all are. I'm trying to set hard limits for her, even when she embraces me and says, "I love you so much." In the back of my mind I remind myself that boundaries are good. Rules are good. Rules build character. Consistent parenting. I'm working on it. Every day, with this child.
And then there is T. Constantly telling me, "we need to be consistent with TT. She needs discipline. She needs tough love." I completely agree. But here's a little secret about this husband of mine. TT completely has him wrapped around her little finger. She owns him. :)
Happy Monday!




3 comments:
That first picture of TT made me laugh out loud! Yes, two is hard. When they are being sweet, fun and lovable, they are just delightful! However, when they are challenging, it can be exhausting! It seems like each age has such fun times but also unique challenges. Enjoy this time! Heather
I love that first picture, too! So sweet and sassy at the same time. It is so hard to be consistent, especially when they make you laugh when you should be disciplining them! And you know what, as they get smarter, these girls will learn even better how to use their charms to get what they want from us. I'm sure of that. And btw, Emma is obsessed with Rapunzel right now, too. At least it is a cute movie so I don't mind watching it literally every day!
Okay, that first picture made me laugh out loud! Girls are so good at mastering the pout. :)
Post a Comment