So, I'm not going to lie. . . I've never seen this show. Well, I had never even heard of this show until very recently. I have no idea what the premise is. At all. I'm guessing it's a country sort of show? But really, I have no idea. But that's not the point. Okay - let me get to the point. :)
A little background on this situation.
I am from a small town. According to some people's measurements, perhaps a village is the more likely word for it. Growing up, there was a little over 1,000 people in my small town of Eyota, MN, and last I heard it is now up to almost 2,000. I wouldn't change anything about where I'm from or how I grew up. I love the city life of Minneapolis now, but there is something wonderful and enduring about growing up in Small Town USA. The best part? Hands down. . . the people.
There was a girl a year younger than me in school named Sarah. The sweetest girl you could ever meet. Kind, big-hearted, and everyone's friend. Just a wonderful and deserving person.
Life has thrown Sarah some major curveballs, the most recent one being her husband, the love of her life, being diagnosed with cancer. I've been following the carepage that Sarah has set up for her husband, and this woman is inspirational. She maintains a positive outlook through all of this, when no one would fault her for being down in the dumps. In so many ways, her life has been a living hell for the past couple of years, yet she finds something to be grateful for every single day, while raising her four children, taking care of her husband, and just keeping the positive outlook that keeps her family going.
Sarah wants to create an amazing summer for her family, and one of the things on their wishlist is to win a Duck Dynasty Camo Cameo Contest, where the winner will win a walk-on role in a Duck Dynasty TV Commercial. It's SO easy to vote too! All you need to do is click on this link:
Http://bit.ly/13vvDDC
And click the like button. Let's do this for Sarah!!! I can't think of a more deserving person.
1 comment:
Love this, Leah!!! She is an amazing person! Thank you for putting the word out!
Post a Comment