Monday, May 20, 2013

Everyday Happenings

The things these kids are doing and saying these days, cracks me up.  Of course, this age is also proving that I need to reach deep inside of myself to find a level of patience that I never knew existed.  Wow, am I having a difficult time having my 3 and a half year old, and almost 3 year old to listen!

I'm going to start with TT.  She will be 3 in less than 2 months.  And honestly, I have to remind myself that she isn't my 5 year old child.  This girl just seems leaps and bounds over an almost 3 year old.  What do I know though?  This has been my only experience with a toddler girl. 

TT is officially pacifier free!!!  T and I were going to wait until she was 3 and then go cold turkey.  But, TT bit through the only 2 pacifiers we owned, and I refused to buy more, and well, it's been going pretty well.  She hasn't even asked for one.  Just proves that I don't have a clue what she'll struggle with and what she won't.  I'm enjoying seeing her beautiful lips, instead of seeing her side-talk through that hideous nuki!  Yay TT!!!

TT also decided a couple of months ago that she would not wear a diaper, even at night.  She was done because she was a BIG girl.  So, we started watching her liquid consumption before bed, and she now holds it every night, with the VERY rare accident.  She wakes up in the morning, runs to the bathroom, and unleashes.  Such a big big girl.  She can quit growing up so fast though.  I'm losing any resemblance to the baby I once knew.

TT weighs 29 pounds, but has gotten quite tall.  When she is sideways, the girl can disappear.  There is just nothing to her!  I have started buying her 3T clothes, and she continues to pick out her outfits.  I try to positively influence her choices, but she usually puts ridiculous outfits together, and prefers to live in a swimsuit.  She cracks me up daily.

And speaking of cracking me up, she says the funniest things now.  Just yesterday she said to me, "Mama, I'm still a little girl, but when I'm a big girl, I'll have big boobies just like you mama."  WHERE does she come up with this stuff?  No really?  OMG!  Then later in the day, we were getting dressed to go to the park, and were finding clothes in her closet.  Her bedroom is our former office, and it is the smallest bedroom in the house, and it has the smallest closet.  But it has more than enough room to fit TT's things, I assure you.  Yet she says, "Mama, I want a big closet like Nur and Mama and Baba have."  What?  You're 2!!!  You cannot be complaining about your small closet already.  If you are, I can't even imagine what you'll be like as a teen.

TT would eat only protein if we let her.  She loves steak, bacon, chicken, you name it.  Anything meat, she loves!  She continues to be a little lover.  Her hugs when she wakes up in the morning continue to melt me.  She hangs on to my neck so hard, it's just precious.

Nur, Nur, Nur.  He has also gotten quite tall (by my standards) and I'm buying 4T clothes for him, and weighs 31 pounds.  He is a kind and sensitive child.  He will come up to me, out of the blue, and tell me that he loves me, and it melts me every single time.  And yesterday, he said, "Mama, you're so pretty."  Oh man, What a little charmer!

The boy wants to live outside, and now that the tundra has thawed out, we are able to be outside a lot more.  He'll run and run and run, and never tire.  We also bought him a basketball hoop and he has quite the skill, and I enjoy dreaming of all he'll do in his life. 

Nur also tends to be the rationale one in the family.  As his sister is throwing a fit because she didn't get the bowl that matches the shirt he's wearing, Nur will allow me to switch out what I gave him to appease his sister.  (It's all about choosing battles, right?)  Nur will then look at me and say, "See mama, I'm not crying."

In a dinner rush one evening, I gave Nur canned ravioli, and well, he ate the entire can and turns out it's his favorite food in the entire world.  Every meal, that's what he asks for.  I remember being into that as a child too, so I can't knock it I suppose. 

Nur continues to be the BEST sleeper.  He loves sleep, goes down easily, stays down, and I am very thankful.  He is just a great child with a big heart. 

I'm looking forward to a summer filled with lasting memories. 





3 comments:

The Busters said...

"He'll run and run and run, and never tire."

Ummm... YES! That is our reality with LB right now too.
And big congrats to TT for giving up the Nuki! So glad it wasn't the battle you thought it would be!!

birthmothertalks said...

Good update!! They are too cute!!

Michele said...

That first shot of Nur is so Bobby.... Boys and their food! I swear, ever since Maya told him that he makes a beard with his sandwich, he will do it (press the nutella side against his lips and chin to make a "beard") just to make her laugh.