Warm spring evenings, before the bugs are out.
Watching Nur and TT forge strong love and bonds with their grandparents.
Grandpa's boat rides and conversations.
Nur and TT's giggles and inside jokes.
Summer hats and shades as we head to a picnic.
The smell of sunblock and the feel of greasy protected skin.
The smell of clorine from the neighborhood pool.
The feeling of warm sunshine on my face.
A garden planted with the help of the two best kids, who take so much pride in helping out.
The look of joy as I walk through the door everyday after a long and hard day at the office.
Days spent in our backyard where clothing is optional.
Afternoons of indulgence, with a fresh cut and color.
A glimpse into what my daughter will look like in 7 years, because this is what this big cousin looked like 7 years prior.
Fun in the kitchen, sampling frostings, and not caring for a minute what the sugar content is because darn it, we are having fun.
Documenting life with this family of mine. And hopeful that someday when they have families, they will look back fondly on their own childhood and try to imitate it, the same way I am trying to imitate mine.
4 comments:
It's nice to take a few minutes to think about all of the things that make our heart warm! The start of summer is always a good time for that - shaking off the winter doldrums. Love all of the pictures. And your hair looks great :)
Aww, I love it! I, too, love to give my girl some of the same memories I have. I know she's too little to remember right now but she'll have pictures. :)
You're such an amazing mom and can tell how much you love your kids nad your husband.
AWWW...SO CUTE.
christian websites
LOVE the new hair!! You look awesome. Sweet pics. :)
Post a Comment