Monday, June 20, 2011

Unfounded Fears

Being pregnant and adopting, I felt like I was constantly living in fear of when both babies were home.  And then after TT was born, I was in constant fear of being able to give TT enough of my time when her older brother came home.  And being able to give Nur enough time and energy when he got home.  I worried about how they would interract.  I worried about how close in age they would be. Okay, I pretty much worried about everything.

I'm so happy that these babes of mine really love each other.  T and I were actually commenting over the weekend that TT probably has no recollection of life without the Nur.  Afterall, she was only 3 months old when he came home. 

These two are truly bonded, and truly love each other.  Yesterday, TT was throwing a tantrum about something, and she was laying on her back and kicking her legs.  Nur came up to her, and patted her belly.  It was the sweetest thing ever. I also often find him patting her back. . . like he sees his mama do. It's so cute!

And over the weekend, on one of our many walks, TT patted Nur on the head in the stroller, and then Nur turned around, and they proceeded to hold hands. 

At the dinner table, they sit across from each other and "talk."  TT tries to tackle Nur a few times a day to give him hugs.  They laugh at each other and giggle. 

And I sit back and am so grateful that my fears were unfounded and that these two being siblings was the best thing for both of them. 

14 comments:

Deni said...

That is seriously adorable, the pic, and the ways they interact! I just love it!!! And they're both so cute I'm not sure how you ever stop smiling at their cuteness!!!

birthmothertalks said...

The picture is adorable and I just love hearing how much they love each other. I think as women we worry way too much but that's just who we are. I am looking forward to watch these two grow up together in the years to come.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, isn't that sweet? I love the idea of two little ones loving each other. Reassures me a little as we get ready to welcome our 2nd. Thanks for giving me hope!

Anonymous said...

I'm *snickering* a lil bit thinking, I told you not to worrie months ago...

It's very cool that the kids are getting along so well, I'm kinda jelouse as my Twins fight over everything! the boy twin is very dominate and she can't have anything unless he says so.. :(

Awesome Picture

Mandy Jo said...

Awww!! I can't believe how big your babies are!!! :)

Jewls said...

What adorable pics! I just love your story, it's so wonderful how everything has worked out!

twondra said...

Awww, that is so precious Leah! How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I recall how much you fretted and worried. Just like me lol. But I knew you'd be a great mom, that your babies would be happy and well adjusted. And look - they are!!!

-Martha

Lyndsay said...

So sweet!

The Busters said...

I loved reading this post and the picture at the end is AWESOME!! I can't wait to see their relationship continue to grow. I know it has been hard having two little ones but I feel confident that it will all be worth it since they have each other!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Awesome and PRICELESS picture!

Anonymous said...

This melts my heart! Those two are so darn adorable together! Definitely meant to be the dynamic duo! :)

Paula Keller said...

That is so fantastic! LOVE this!

Don't you think that maybe they have their own secret language?!

Baby Hopes said...

Wow. I am speechless. Your post gave me such chills. I'm so eager to read your entire journey to your children... how amazing. I'm so glad you found my blog and I look forward to learning more from you as Mech and I continue forward. And I'm so excited to hear of how your family continues to grow together!