Monday, November 21, 2011

Last Day of School

T and I came to a realization over the summer that our kids don't get out quite enough.  During the work week, we have a nanny come into our home, so our kids don't get a lot of exposure that way.  And I don't have a lot of local friends with kids who are my kiddos' ages.  So, besides seeing their cousins, they don't get the exposure to other children that I really wished they did.

Because of that, I am so grateful that we heard of ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) classes.  These classes started in September, and on Saturday morning, they had their last one.

They had an excellent teacher who really understood both Nur and TT.  My kiddos learned and grew, and got to meet many other toddlers and interact with them. 

I saw Nur excel so much in this class.  He became brave and vocal through this class.  He worked on art projects, and sang songs, and practiced sharing.  He got really good at imitating different sounds, and he played so well independently. He grew up so much in the 3 months of this class!




TT really refined her fine motor skills.  Her favorite thing to do was to figure out how to put objects into containers.  She also excelled at music time, and by the last class, she could do every motion to every song. She also became less shy, and really enjoyed interacting with the other kids.  There was one toddler in her class, and TT would "pet" her hair.




This class was a wonderful thing for both Nur and TT.  In the winter, we are signed up for another class, this time, there will be a separating component to the class, which means half the class, the parents will leave the room and discuss parenting issues.  I think Nur and TT are ready for this step, and I'm really looking forward to time with other parents discussing all things parenting.

As I stepped outside today, in the 10 degree weather, I quickly thought of all the reasons I would leave Minnesota in a heartbeat!  But then I think about our top rate education, and how much we invest in these children, and it makes the winter a little more bearable.




2 comments:

Erin said...

Great photos Leah and so happy to hear how much Khalil and Scarlett have learned from this once a week class. That's neat! I'm sure phase two this winter will be a welcomed one on both sides for you, Taher and the kids. I think it's cool that you guys have such a great educational system in MN for both parents and children. I'll have to see if we have something like that here in MO when the time comes. ;)

Jewls said...

That sounds great! I'm hoping we can make it to lots of story times at the library and we're going to start gymnastics in January...more for me so I don't go crazy!!

LOVE the pictures! They are growing up so fast!!