Monday, November 28, 2011

The Perfect Picture and Other Stuff

Taher and I quickly decided last year that there would be no Santa pictures.  Well, that is, until the kids are old enough to ask for them.  But for now, the thought of standing in line at the local mall, only to have both kids be absolutely terrified of the fat man with the beard, doesn't sound that appealing.

However, I do want to capture every Christmas season.  And I enjoy buying fun Christmas frames and writing the year in big letter, and by the time these kids go off to college, I'm hoping to have 18 of these frames displayed every holiday season.

And as always, I am terrible at taking the perfect picture.  Last year, I was satisfied.  Last year, it was also much easier.  The kids couldn't move.  That really worked to my advantage!!!

This beautiful picture above (at least I think it's pretty cute) was taken the day Nur became a US citizen.  Okay, is that blue blazer just the cutest thing ever?

This year, it was difficult!  The kids don't sit still for 2 seconds.  Ever.  They are always on the move.  And Nur likes to walk towards the camera, so I have a lot of pictures of him, with a close up of his nostrils.  Not cute.  Here are a couple that I think may work.  Otherwise, I'll have to get these two dressed up again and try one more time.  Otherwise, I'll just use one of these.




Oh my goodness, I love these kids!

In other news, Nur and TT have both realized that when they say Mama, I will answer.  They've known I'm Mama as long as I can remember, and they've both been babbling Mama for months.  But now they really attach the name to ME.  Oh boy!!!  Has this made life interesting.  Conversations around our house now go like this:

Nur: Mama?
Me: Yes Khalil?
TT: Mama?
Me: Yes Scarlett?

(Repeat about 150 times)

I go to the bathroom, and hear pounding at the door, Mama, Mama, Mama.  Every night before bed I sing to the kids, and now right in the middle of my beautiful song (okay, it's not that beautiful) I'm interrupted with, Mama, Mama, Mama.  I walk out of their rooms during nap time, and they stand up and say Mama.

Okay, I won't lie, I kind of like it.  But I hope they learn that when they say Baba,  T will come running, cause this Mama is TIRED.

This is a very big week in our household! A certain little boy will be turning two THIS Saturday.  Oh my, the time has flown!  We are having some people over to our house, and have a lot of preparations to be made this week. 

I also want to blog about our Thanksgiving Holiday (not what it used to be) and the new book I'm reading about Ethiopia that I CAN'T put down, and even the housing market and what that means for me.  We'll see what this week brings.

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Jewls said...

Love that last one! You should totally use it!!

Baby Hopes said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love the third one!!! So precious!!!

Deni said...

I love the pictures and am a big believer in the "perfect" picture not always being "perfect"! I think the first one is perfect!!!

Erin said...

I'm a day behind catching up on my blog reading but I think it's so cute about the mama conversations currently going on in your house. Annoying at times I'm sure but just another way to show you that they are learning. :) I can't believe Khalil is going to be 2 already. Wow! As for the 2011 picture, the third one is perfect! It a picture perfect moment caught on camera and who knows, it just may become a favorite over the years. ;)

Stace said...

I love love love the one with the beads. :)