Nur has been doing a lot better the past few days. He sometimes still cries for a few minutes when we put him down at night, but last night there was zero crying. T walked out of his room, and we hugged. We were so relieved. Perhaps tonight will be different, but last night was a success, and we hope this will start a trend of easier nights. We used to have easier nights, so I'm not sure why the regression occurred.
It's funny, because I've probably made it sound like we've been having such a difficult time with Nur. And in some ways, we have, but most days, this boy is a champ! He is so easy going, he listens well, and rarely whines. Actually, most days it's the beauty below that gives us a run for our money. She is now 16 months but this has to be the terrible two's. It just has to. She can be the sweetest little girl, but she also has a fiery personality and can throw a tantrum like no other. She's been sleeping so well, but this morning, she thought 3:15am was a good wake up time. I wish I was a coffee drinker. Instead, I'm at my desk sipping on Dt. Mt. Dew.
Every night before bed, the 4 of us sit in the kitchen together and we watch 15 minutes of you tube videos to wind the kids down. Last night, we were sitting there, and T said that he is really happy we have 2 kids. I am too! It's amazing how things work out. I have so many blog friends who are expecting in all different ways at the moment. Things have a way of working out. They just do. And I am so grateful to have two kids. This weekend, we separated them just for an hour. I took TT to church while Nur and T did a Target run. These kids are truly lost without each other. They fight, but they love each other and expect to be around each other. Sometimes, they'll even play for a few minutes (hardly never longer) with each other, and I get to do something productive from time to time.
I love these two so much.
I've never had to learn patience so quickly and intensely in my life. Everyday it's a challenge to be patient. We have so many good days, but we have really difficult days as well. We have moments where both the kids are screaming for what appears like no reason, and it's hard. But the good days are happening much more often now, and these two continue to be God's greatest joy to me.





4 comments:
Khalil's face in that second picture is AWESOME!!!! So so precious! Glad he's doing better. I can already tell C is going to be fiery! She will sometimes just look at one of us and scream, for apparently no reason, oh they're so funny! And I'm so grateful!!
I'm not a mommy yet Leah but it's in the works and I think for me (when the time comes) patience is going to be a daily struggle. I'm sure there will be many days where I will have to take a deep breath and remember that this too shall pass but it's obvious that you and T are doing an amazing parenting job with K and S. They are both so adorable and it's obvious they have loving personalities just from the pictures we get to see. I think it's so awesome how you have these two wonderful kiddos in your life that you get to raise to become responsible, productive members of society. They both are so vibrant, full of life and definitely portray personalities all of their own but that's the fun part in watching them grow and somedays it takes more patience than others but you get through it and then you get to see neat things come alive in the two little lives you've helped to shape. :)
Such great photos!!! I am so glad the sleeping is going better for K. I am working really hard on reminding myself that there will be great moments and really hard moments and they are both okay. I want to try and keep my mind somewhere in the middle so that the bad moments don't rattle me so much. I am a work in progress!!
You have SUCH A BEAUTIFUL family and you are one hot mama!!!!! I can't get a picture with everyone looking at the camera and smiling for ANYTHING!
Post a Comment