Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Parenting Nur

The past two weeks, Nur has been a new child.  For a few weeks prior, I was really struggling with parenting this little boy. He wasn't sleeping well, was throwing major tantrums, and just seemed riddled with anxiety.

But for the past two weeks, he has been so much happier.  And let's be honest.  Happy kids = Happy mom. At bedtime now, before we put him down, I always give him a big hug, and I tell him that as soon as he wakes up in the morning, I'll be right there waiting for him.  I don't know if saying this to him helps, but ever since I started saying it, he has stopped fighting sleep.  For the past two weeks, he has gone down with ease. He may let out a whimper, or even cry for a couple minutes, but nothing like he was doing.

And during the day, he has had less anxiety.  He has done well with company, he did so well during Thanksgiving, and several people even commented on how much he's grown, both physically and emotionally. 

Perhaps Nur was teething?  Perhaps a growth spurt? Perhaps he had a few off days? Whatever it was, life is better because Nur feels better.  I know he'll have a bad period again.  (His sister is currently in one) But for now, I'm just going to enjoy my happier son.


3 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

I'm so glad things are going better with Khalil!!! :) Hope things get better with Scarlett... poor girl!

Deni said...

So glad things are better and to know that these weird phases are normal!!! Thanks for sharing & being open, it's a blessing! :)

The Busters said...

I am so glad things are going well with K-man right now!! I wish I knew the answer to dealing with the anxiety. Ezra definitely has anxiety and it makes me so sad that such a little person already has so much to be anxious about. I just hope that it gets better!