Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life With My Babes

I recently found an old phone I used to use when Nur and TT were younger.  I activated the phone again, and had forgotten all the videos and pictures I had of my kiddos.  I sat for what felt like hours looking at the old photos, and watching the videos, and having a hard time remembering Nur and TT being that little!  My first thought was, "How did we survive those difficult days?"  But we did, and we are now living in an easier time in so many ways.  Sure, we still have difficult moments, afterall, I'm raising two 2 year olds.  But mostly, life has found a peace and a calm. 

With September came the start of the new school year for the kids.  We used to go on Saturday mornings, but now have opted for Thursday evenings.  Last week was the first week, so the kids were a little unsure, but they did pretty well.  T had soccer last Thursday, so I was on my own.  But, he injured his knee, so will join us tonight.  Thankful he'll be with us, not for his knee injury however.  The kids did pretty well with separating.  They both cried a little, but the teachers were right there with them.  When I came into their room when it was time to go, they were both playing really well.  TT then noticed I was there, and she just started sobbing.  She was trying to be so brave and not cry, but she was a little scared and missed me.  I told her that she didn't need to be scared, cause I would always come back.  Now for a week, TT has been telling me, "TT go to school.  No crying at school.  Mama come back."  I'm constantly amazed at what these kids comprehend. 

Me being the big joiner that I am, decided to sign Nur and TT up for Sunday School at our local church.  Then I started worrying about their attachment issues, so I decided I could make this easier by volunteering to be a Sunday School teacher!  So, I start that this Sunday.  I went to my training last night, and I think it will be good for the kids.  They will be in a room with about 20 other 2 year olds, and I'm hoping it will be an opportunity to meet people and make lifelong relationships.  The church is so much different than the church I was raised in.  We are expecting 500 kids at Sunday School on opening day.  I don't think my hometown had 500 members. . . or even close to 500 members. 

Life continues to move along.  Nur amazes me daily with his vocabulary, and his caring nature.  He is all about please and thank you, and giving hugs.  He is also about independent play, and continues to love playing with his cars and trucks.  He is such a happy child.  The other night, T and I put him down for bed, and we could hear him giggling through the monitor.  He was just laying in his crib, and kept breaking out in giggles.  It was precious.

TT also amazes me.  She can be very sweet, and she is very determined to learn everything possible, and can often be found going through her closet and trying to put her shoes on all by herself.  She'll then show me the finished product, and is so proud of herself and her accomplishment.  She has become an excellent eater, and can often be found eating veggies with T.  She is a sensitive soul, and I try to always remember that.  She flatters me daily by copying everything I do, and she'll tell me, "Just like mama."  There is no greater flattery in this world than having my daughter want to be like me. 

Life is moving along, and my kids are continuing to grow into real people, and everyday I'm amazed by the transformation that I see in them. 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, oh, boy, they sure are growing up! And I laugh when you say they are turning in to real people. I often look at Emma in amazement and wonder where the baby went and who this real little girl is. So sweet. And wow 500 in Sunday school. That's incredible. Good luck!

birthmothertalks said...

School already?? Get out of here lol. Are kids going to preschool at 2 now?

Deni said...

I just love hearing about them and especially love hearing the Nur's speech is developing so well (signs of great home support, therapy isn't successful without a strong involved family!!)!