Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Life

Warning: This post will be all over the place cause well, life is all over the place.  My brother recently took some photos of my family, and I wanted to share a few of them.  We went to a local park with a beautiful lake, and rose gardens, and fountains.  I had beautiful fall clothes picked out for the occassion, but then we got a rare 90 degree day in the middle of September so I had to pull some summer clothes together.
 Nur and TT amaze me with their love for one another.  How different their stories would be if they didn't have each other.  This weekend my parents were in town and they took TT in a car with them while we stayed back with Nur and got ready to leave.  T, Nur and I all sat on the couch, and T said out loud, "Nur, you were almost our only child."  I was also thinking it.  How different life would be.  I am grateful for a million different reasons that I have both of these loves. 

 Nur has really grown into himself in the past few months.  He is so smart, and in the words of my youngest brother, he has never met a 2 year old as articulate as Nur.  He is so kind and loving.  He is goofy, and loves to play rough like most little boys I know.  Nur is also so verbal.  He talks constantly, in sentences, and I'm always floored at how much this boy comprehends.  The other day, I said something to him about Ethiopia and he said, "Nur born in Ethiopia."  I've told him that many times, but never realized he was comprehending that statement.  I can't wait to bring him back to Ethiopia someday.  With a stop in Egypt to visit all of our family.  Can't wait for that day. 

TT is in that bipolar stage of being two.  She is high, and then low, and it can happen in a matter of 5 seconds with no warning whatsoever.  When she is happy, she loves to cuddle, and be silly. She talks constantly and is so articulate and verbal.  She loves to dress up, and I'm getting a bit tired of all the laundry I'm doing from 5 wardrobe changes a day.  (May need to put a lock on her closet door. Ha) She's very into princesses, and looking in the mirror, and wearing pretties, and putting on her own shoes.  She is such a girl, and such a delight. 
 
She is also emotional and irrational.  (obviously traits she got from her Baba. Ha) This morning I could hear her playing in her crib.  She was playing so nicely, that before I went into to get her, I got dressed in my work clothes.  A crisp white shirt with black pin-striped pants.  I thought I looked very nice if I may say so myself.  I walked in her room and turned on the light, and she started screaming and freaking out.  "Mama!!! Take your shirt off.  No Mama! No work!!! Take pants off."  Holy moly.  Unfortunately, we have similar episodes with TT about 5 times a day.  This too shall pass.  
TT is starting to like her Baba a little bit more.  She hasn't quite realized that she can love Mama AND Baba at the same time, so she is always taking turns.  Last night after work she was all about Baba.  "No Mama.  Baba help me.  You stay with Nur."  


 Mostly though, TT is still a Mama's girl.  This girl is connected to my hip and she always tells me she wants to be just like Mama. 

 Life is. . . life.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing this life thing well enough.  But then I look at my kiddos.  My two, two year olds.  (One little boy who is almost 3)  They are so happy the majority of the time.  They are both so smart, and so full of love.  In these moments, I realize that T and I are doing pretty well.  Life may feel hectic, because it is hectic, but it's life, and we are living it, the best way we know how. 





6 comments:

Wendy said...

Aw, love the family photos and your update!

Great pictures :)

Hillary said...

Love these pictures! You have a beautiful family!

Elizabeth said...

Wow- these pictures are beautiful. What a gorgeous family.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I love TT's boots.

Deni said...

Those pics are fabulous!!! TT crackse up!! Nur is so handsome!!

AL said...

love these pictures and the update on your little ones