TT's space. It's the smallest bedroom in our home, and well, I could spend time being upset about that, but I'm seriously tired of American greed. This two year old has her own space, and it's entirely hers, and well, it's all she needs.
The rug on the floor is called the reading rug. This is where we love to come and read books. TT loves reading, and is so good at turning the pages and following along.
It wasn't Halloween. TT just loves dressing up. Constantly. And in that automan you see in the background she keeps all of her princess dresses.
Her vanity. This is also the hair chair. She sits there and looks in the mirror while I comb through her beautiful locks. You can see in the background a bin full of her "pretties" as well as a variety of detanglers, leave in conditioners, etc. Yes, she has more hair product than I do!
Look at that footprint. Was my baby that little? Apparently she was.
TT started having being scared of the dark. We would hear the worst scream come from her room every other night. The kind of scream that made T and I jump out of bed. . . and sure we were going to see an ax murderer in her room. But instead there were shadows, and they scared her! So we got her an LED nightlight with a rechargeable batterly, and she loves it. We also still use a video monitor. I love being able to see her whenever I want. And her newest phase. . . My Little Ponies. :)
Nur's space. This boy has the biggest bedroom in the house. Lucky him. And I'm glad it is a large room, because this boy is turning 3 soon, and will be getting a train table! :)
He and TT playing. Because of the hardwood floors, they play a lot of cars and trains in this room.
This is what we call the reading corner. There is a pillow bed to lounge on and we love to cuddle and read books. This is also where we hosue a lot of Nur's vehicle.
I'm a bit anal about all toys going in their place. Every evening before PJ's we clean up toys. The kids are great at helping.
Someday, this boy will be potty trained and no longer need a changing table. Until then!Nur has a pillow pet, stuffed animals, and blankets in his crib, yet every night before he'll sleep, I watch him throw everything out of his crib. He's a funny boy that Nur. :)
Just a little glimpse into Nur and TT's space. Hope you enjoyed! :)
4 comments:
Cute bedrooms. My son loves to move his furniture around.
I have never told you this, but I often take a page from your book, or think about how I need to more often with my own munchkin. After reading this post, I now need to take yet another page from your book about bedroom size. Little Bean's room is average sized, and probably the same size as my childhood room, but I often feel it is too small. Who cares when she has the rest of the house to play in, right?
I think I am going to make a reading corner in Little Bean's room now too. I read to her at bedtime, but I should do it more.
You should have a post titled, "Lessons from Leah." lol
Love you girl.
I love the colors in both the rooms! And it's awesome they both have their own space that can continue to develop as they get older.
LOVE this post, Leah! Their rooms certainly fit their personalities that we see from cyberspace. ;) I think it's great that you have "cleanup" time before bed and all of toys have a place to go. I'm also very anal about everything being tidy/organized and I fear when motherhood finally comes to me that my house will be a total wreck but having a nightly cleanup routine before bedtime is a great idea! And I absolutely love the decor in their rooms, perfect for them both.
Post a Comment