Monday, November 26, 2012

My Loves

I haven't done much of an update on these two kids of mine so I thought I would do that now. 



Nur continues to be the most amazing gift.  He turns 3 in just one week, and I really can't believe it.  We are having a party for him this coming Saturday with family.  When I ask Nur what he wants for his birthday, he always says cupcakes.  Won't he be surprised when he gets cupcakes AND presents.

Nur has a heart of gold.  He tells me he misses me after I've been at work all day.  He randomly comes up to me and other people to say he likes our hair, or our shirt.  When we sit down to eat a meal, he'll look at me and ask, "do you like it mama?"  He is full of hugs, and kisses, and cuddles.  He tells me he loves me all the time.  He is the sweetest big brother I could ever imagine.  (I hope his little sis realizes how lucky she is)

Nur is a sensitive soul.  He loves everyone and is sweet to everyone, and sometimes I wish he would fight back a little, but it isn't his nature.  He loves music, and asks me to sing to him constantly.  His favorite songs are anything that I can put his name into.  He is great at sharing.

Nur loves his baba, and they play a lot of silly games together that involve a lot of laughing and wrestling.  I smile watching my boys together.  I'm not sure what Nur's comprehension of adoption is, but he proudly tells everyone that he is from Opia. 

He has caught up so much in speech.  Sometimes he says things to me and I'm floored!  It wasn't that long ago when he wasn't vocal at all.  And now he speaks in sentences. He is a very articulate little boy. He still has some work to do with food, but we are getting there.  Meat is always a challenge for him, but he was able to chew and swallow turkey this Thanksgiving.  That was a success!

Nur is also starting to socialize more and at school, he'll talk to the other kids.  I feel very blessed to be his mama.  I am amazed that this smart, sensitive, kind and caring child is mine.  I love him so very much, and thank God for him every single day. 


TT, TT, TT.  She is really growing up before my eyes.



Yes, my almost 2 and a half year old is still obsessed with her Nuki, but she has been informed that Santa is taking it this year, and we're going to throw them all away.  I'm going to miss it actually, but will enjoy seeing her mouth. :)

TT is smart. She is singing and counting constantly. Her vocabularly is out of this world.  She was potty-trained in about 5 days.  She loves reading books, and her favorite right now is one I pull out every Christmas, "Twas The Night Before Christmas." 

She remains my emotional child.  You never know what you're going to get from her when she wakes up.  Sometimes she wakes up happy and hilarious, and other days you may not want to make eye contact with her for the first 30 minutes.  When this girl is excited, she will scream with delight and hug all those around her.  And when she gets up upset, watch out.  This two year old still hits.  And oh, we are working on it.  Yes, my emotional child.

TT is also very sweet.  She loves to be cuddled and held, and well, I rarely refuse as I'm so fortunate to have an almost 2 and a half year old who still loves to be touched and hugged as much as she does.  Every night before bed, she wants to say goodnight to the Christmas Tree and to give it a kiss.  She kisses her dolls and takes such good care of them.  I catch her feeding her dolls and giving them "drinks."  She has a nurturing spirit about her. 

She loves playing silly games with her baba.  Her favorite is cave, where they make a cave under all the covers and she brings in her nightlight.  She loves music, and is always requesting more songs.  She sings loudly to everything and knows so many songs by heart. She is fiercely independent, and wants to do everything HERSELF.  "I do it myself Mama!!!"  TT is such a blessing to my life. She is perfectly made and perfectly beautiful and I love this little girl so much. 


There were hours, days, and months where I was running on empty with these two.  Life felt low.  I had two wonderful blessings but at times was too overwhelmed with life to really enjoy them.  I felt like I was in a constant fog.  Now I look at these day, and adore the bigger plan in all of this.  I adore that they are best friends, protect each other, and always have each other to play with.  I don't think I'll ever hear them say they are bored, and if they do say that, I'll just tell them to play with each other. 

I have two amazing children.  They are so loved, so wanted, and I couldn't imagine this story any differently. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Nur seems so kind and sensitive. What a gentle soul. I can't believe he will be 3 already as I remember when you were waiting for his referral. Wow! TT seems so full of life with such a strong spirit! The bond between TT and Nur is precious. Enjoy these special times. Thanks for sharing. Heather

Unknown said...

They are getting so big!!!! Slow down kiddos! :) Love the new pictures! What beautiful amazing children you have!!!!

Mellow MW Mama said...

Nur is almost three? WHOA! Loved hearing the update all about them and how much their personalities are shining through as they grow. It's amazing what individuals they are.

The Busters said...

I am so glad you are able to see through the fog now. I can't imagine how hard it was in the beginning! One thing is for sure - they are ADORABLE!!! :)