Two weeks ago, we bundled the kiddos up, and we built our first snow man.
Yesterday, on St. Patrick's Day, we ended an 80 degree day. For parts of this country, that is normal, but 80 degrees in March in MINNESOTA, not normal. I keep going back and forth. In one moment, I'm enjoying it, and in the next moment, I fear this isn't right. It just isn't right to have this warm of weather in March. It's weird. . . and it's OFF.
But anyway, the kids are happy. We go outside constantly. That is all they want. I had to go through their clothes and start putting some of their summer clothes in their closets. It's been that warm.
The kids have been sleeping so well. They actually ask to go "night night." All this running and playing outdoors has been great for the both of them.
And I just have to say, is this boy handsome or what? I just marvel at his beauty, and wonder about what his first mama and baba must look like? He is one good looking child!
Funny story. . . TT got a timeout yesterday for throwing food on the floor. Our timeouts aren't real harsh. We just put them in their cribs for about a minute (where they usually just play) and then we explain to them that what they did isn't appropriate behavior and we make them say sorry. So, I get TT out of her timeout, yesterday after explaining that we do NOT throw food on the floor and she walks out of her bedroom and gives Nur the biggest hug ever. What's so funny about this is that 99.9% of the time, TT is in a timeout for hitting her brother, and we make her say sorry to him afterwards and then hug him. Well, she forgot that wasn't the reason for this timeout. Creature of habit I guess.
Oh, and anytime I tell TT that before we go outside, Mama needs to put my shoes on, she brings me my red high heels. I think I have a diva in the making.
Hope everyone is having a fabulous day. I'm off to clean the house in preparation of my in-laws coming over in a couple hours. They just arrived back from Egypt, where they were for several months, and we are so happy to have them here again.

9 comments:
Haha! I love the story about Scarlett! I could totally envision that happening with my girls!
Yep. So funny, because in Virginia we had our first snowstorm two weeks ago also. And they did NOT cancel school in my district. It took me over 2 hours of white knuckling it, what usually takes 30 minutes. We had 10 inches of snow. And this week, I've been wearing flip flops and capris! I love it, but I am fearful about what that means for summer weather.
My girls keep bringing me their jackets to put on when we have to leave. Haha! :)
Yes, Khalil is adorable! You have some beautiful children. :)
Oh my gosh, they are such cutie cutersons!! I laughed out loud at Scarlett hugging Khalil!!! What a darling family you have!!
Oh they are cutie cutersons!! I had a good laugh at Scarlett hugging Khalil thinking she was in time out for her hitting her brother! You have a darling family!!
I live in Canada and our weather is totally abnormal too. It's in the low to mid 70's. But there is no waffling over here. I am LOVING it!!! It's putting me in the greatest mood, and we are spending so much time outside! I wish I knew if we were going to get another cold snap or not, because I really want to open the pool!
I totally agree.......way too hot for this time of year and just plain freaky.
We're having crazy-warm weather too! It does make me slightly afraid of the apocalypse, but it IS nice to sleep with the windows open and play outside all day!
Its so hard to even think of snow or even imagine it snowed anywhere! Its been in the 80's and sometimes 90's here.
What a great post and great pictures. That picture of Scarlett hugging Khalil is adorable!! Yes, we have also had very mild weather this winter too. I missed not getting to make a snowman with my little guy, but there is always next year. Thanks for sharing. Heather
Khalil IS so handsome! Holy smokes! And Scarlett is a beauty! They both have such BIG, ADORABLE personalities!
Post a Comment