Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What Would These Two Do Without Each Other

When our family planning took a turn, and it was discovered that we were expecting 2 kids instead of 1, we were met with many questions and a lot of trepidation.  I knew it was going to be hard, and you know, it is hard!  At times, I feel like having one child would be so much easier.  But easiness doesn't equal happiness.  I can't imagine life without both of these children. 

Sure, outings are harder.  In fact, some times, they are just impossible which means they don't happen.  Sure, meal times are not fun, sleeping can be a pain, figuring out special things to do with each independently is hard.  There are a lot of hard things about having babies 7 months apart.

But the joy outweighs it all.

These two have known and loved each other for a lifetime.  When Nur was unsure about his new surroundings, TT was there to show him the way.

When Mama and Baba have to leave for work most days, there are less tears because these two have each other. 


They can be silly together, and are truly each other's best friends.




There are rough moments too. 


But mostly a lot of love.  I imagine these two as teenagers, hanging out in each other's rooms, and complaining about T and I.  And I'm okay with that.  I'm just so grateful that these two get to do life together.  The things they will learn from each other. . . My Nur and TT.



11 comments:

Erin said...

Awe. What precious pictures and memories Leah with a lot of shared between these two. Yet another great post and fun read. :)

Claire said...

Lovely post and as someone who is nearly mummy to triplets I hope my babies get the same benefits. X

Paula Keller said...

Seriously, how amazing it must be to grow up with someone like that! I was an only child, so it just truly amazes me.

Maybe in the next week or two, I'll do a blog post with ideas of things to do with toddlers and maybe you can do the same? I bet we can brainstorm some good ideas.

birthmothertalks said...

They are so adorable. I am glad that they have each other.

Amber said...

Such precious pictures! Looks like they are perfect playmates

Anonymous said...

I loved your comment "Easiness doesn't equal happiness." So true. The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Heather

Lyndsay said...

What a gift they are to each other. Precious!!

The Busters said...

I am so glad they have each other too!! I can't imagine how tough it has been but their closeness seems to have made it all worth it! And holy heck, what is it about meal time? Seriously stressful at our house too and we only have 1 toddler!!

Me said...

I love your family! They are awesome little kids & will be so smart and worldly as they get older. Truly wonderful citizens of the world as teenagers! Love it!

Melanie said...

I love this! And I love you you describe having two kids so close together in age. And, I agree, the joy and good times always outweigh the bad!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Sometimes I look at Emma and Kate and get such joy thinking about them being best friends forever. What a wonderful gift to give your child. Just remind yourself during the rough times that there are benefits :)