The first year or so with Nur and TT was about survival. It was difficult, and I longed for the days where I would see the advantages of having kids so close in age. Thes day has come, and I marvel at watching the relationship between these two develop.
At first it started as an acknowledgment of each other. If one child couldn't see the other, questions came. "Sissy?" "Sissy bye bye?" And they both call each other sissy, so we hear this a lot in our household!
Then it developed into playing with each other. At this age, parallel play is still so common, and it's fun to watch them want to play with each other. If TT is playing with a toy, Nur will come up to her, and say, "Nur turn." And TT will do the same thing.
Dinner time has become interesting. These two sit across from each other, and TT plays the clown role. She will do something naughty, and Nur will laugh at her. These two are definitely on the same team in life. . . I can already tell that.
And then the past couple of days, they've had real conversations with each other! I have stood back and just listened and smiled. Saturday, they were both in the living room, and Nur came up to TT and said, "Hi." She then said hi back. Then he asked her, "Outside?" She screamed outside and then they both went to get their shoes. Weren't they disappointed when going outside wasn't on my agenda. ;)
Then last night, as we were winding down and getting ready for pajamas, Nur and TT started playing with magnets on the fridge. Nur asked TT, "Ducky?" (We have a duck magnet on the fridge." TT said, "No Ducky." Nur asked, "Doggie." TT replied, "No Doggie." Then Nur asked, "Caillou?" And TT responded, "No Caillou." Okay, again, nothing profound, but watching these two communicate melts my heart.
I also wanted to share a couple photos from our weekend.


4 comments:
What a precious post. I think TT and Nur do and will continue to have a very special relationship since they are so close in age. Yes, the first year was very tough, but now you are getting to see their relationship grow and florish. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Heather
We are starting to get there, too, and I know just what you mean! I love it when I see the boys interacting or talking to each other. It will be great to see them grow together through the years :)
So sweet. My heart gets so filled when I think about my two little ones having each other for the rest of their lives. So special. BTW, I think I might have asked this awhile back...where did the name Nur come from?
Nur is his given name, and now his middle name. I decided to go with Nur for the blog instead of using his first name anymore. That's also why I'm calling my girl TT, which is our nickname for her. :)
Post a Comment