*** Note. . . I am referring to my kiddos as Nur and TT, and I now have the daunting task of going back through nearly 400 posts and changing them. Wish me luck! ***
For the past month, I noticed a big change in Nur. He initiated conversation so much, and there were no words that he couldn't say. He would ask me what something was, and I would tell him, and then that became a new word.
A couple of months ago, Nur had about 5 words in his vocabulary. To be completely honest, I wasn't worried. I knew we would have an uphill battle with his vocabulary, and I wanted to bring in intervention as soon as possible to have Nur as ready as possible when he is school aged. I always knew in my heart that eventually things would click for Nur. I just wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly!
On Friday, we had a visit with Nur's speech therapist. She was blown away. Nur's therapist, Julie, handed him a toy, and he said, "Thank you Julie." I had tears in my eyes at how far he as come. Julie then did flashcards with Nur, and he could name every single picture. He knew the names of things that I didn't even realize he knew. Julie said she highly doubts Nur will qualify for therapy for much longer. In fact, she said he is exactly where the majority of 2 and a half year olds are. He knows about 300 words. He went from 5 words 2 months ago to over 300.
I'm just so happy for my son. Being able to communicate through words will open his world up so much. It will help boost his self confidence, and express himself in a new way.
Today as I was leaving for work, he expressed himself in the sweetest way possible.
Mama, Hug?
Mama, Kiss?
I will never tire of hearing that beautiful voice?
5 comments:
Your story is another reason why I am so believe in early intervention. A lot of people just think oh they will talk when they are ready ect. Great work Mom for seeking help and probably graduated from speech. We made my son a cake when we did that a couple years ago.
YAY!!!
That language develop thing is AWESOME stuff! You can almost SEE the whe
Ugh... I think I posted before I was finished. I was saying, "you can almost see the wheels turning sometimes!"
YAY!!!!!!!!
Go Nur!! Language is so fascinating to me!! Watching LB's language grow has been one of my favorite parts of this age. It's interesting how each kid is so different. LB had several words at 12 months and his language development has been very gradual. One of his buddies had no words at 12 months but is now talking like crazy, even more than LB. Fascinating. LB also always refers to himself as "I" or "me." His blankey is "Me's Baba" but I know other kids that refer to themselves with their actual names. I could go on and on about how much it interests me. So happy for Nur and you that he is using his words more and more. Oh yeah, and if I could get a $1 for every time I said "use your words" in a day then I would be rich!! :)
Post a Comment