Sunday, April 14, 2013

Enjoying Parenthood

A few weeks ago, my nanny informed me that she would be taking the week of April 15th off of work.  My initial reaction was to find backup care, but then I decided to take the majority of the week off as well.  I look forward to updating you all on the fun I have planned for the week.  I'm really looking forward to the week I will get to spend with the kiddos and all the fun we'll hopefully get into.

Being a mom is truly my greatest joy.  There are so many hard moments in this, but I'm trying to push through them and realize that every "moment" that comes to our family is an opportunity to show Nur and TT what is right from wrong.

I've been reading a great book called "The Whole Brain Child."  I'm trying to use examples from this book on parenting, and T and I have been trying to be the most consistent parents as possible and this consistency has caused our timeout chair to be used a lot this weekend.  (mostly by the girl child)  But you know what?  She's getting it.  She's really really getting it. 

Just a few pictures from life in our house as of late.

Nur and TT LOVE their older cousins.  TT idolizes them.  She looks like them, and thinks they are the two coolest girls who ever graced the planet.  They are pretty cool, and they are great big cousins.


This weekend, we attended a party through the school district and it was a pajama party.  TT had the great idea to wear matching PJ's, and these two were so excited for the party.



I love watching them learn and grow on a daily basis.  Then this weekend, I needed to get downtown to look for something, so I decided to call my salon and see if TT could get in.  She had an opening, so I drove TT downtown to the big fancy salon, and oh my, she loved it!  And her mullet is gone and she is officially the Egyptian Shirley Temple. 


And finally, the weather in MN is playing a big joke on me.  It's the middle of April and it's cold! And snowy! And I am NOT pleased about this!!!  Today the fam went to many stores looking for double joggers, and then we ended up buying one online, but here is TT keeping her hood up so the rain and sleet wouldn't hurt her face.


I still have news I want to share (soon I'm hoping) and I can't wait to update on my week at home with the kids.  Hope everyone has a great week.  


3 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

Love that you stayed home while your nanny went on vacation!! Can't wait to hear your new news!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your week! Hope it's so much fun!

The Busters said...

I hope you are having a fun week!!! And I LOVE the pictures of them in their matching PJs. Too cute for words. And I hate to say it but Nur is looking SO grown-up! When did that happen??? :)