Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Daily Stuff I Never Want to Forget



This is a fun age.  These two kids are being molded daily by their life experiences and all the people who touch their lives on a daily basis.  Sure, our days can be trying and filled with tantrums and completely illogical behavior, but we also have moments of absolute brilliance and hysterics that I never want to forget.  I wanted to document some of these moments so I can carry them with me forever.

TT has had many favorite movies in her 2.5 years.  The first she was into was Barney, then it went to Sesame Street, then Caillou, then she was Tangled obsessed, and now. . . ANNIE.  That's right, we watch Annie (well, 20 minutes of it) almost every single day! And we can never start where we left off, so we are always starting it at the beginning.  TT now tells me she looks like Annie, and her favorite phrase is leaping lizards!!!  Oh my.  TT is a lovely handful.  Oh, and she is obsessed with Punjabi, only she calls him Buddha. 

********************

Nur loves a routine, and before bedtime, I have to sing the same songs to him, in the same order.  Every single night.
Away in a Manger
I'll Love You Forever
Goodnight my Someone
When at Night I go to Sleep
God is So Good
Jesus Loves Me
You Are My Sunshine (verses 1 & 2)
I wouldn't dare leave one of these out, or Nur may be up all night.  No joke

********************

TT currently goes through 5 outfits a day. I can't keep up.  It's ridiculous, but I don't want to damper her creative and independent attitude.  But oh my.  Oh and she sleeps with every Barbie at night.  Her favorite is her Michelle Obama barbie.  Yes that's right. . . we named her Michelle Obama.

********************

We are working on Nur saying Mama and Baba when he wakes up in the morning.  He's gotten in the habit of just playing quietly in his crib, so we don't know if he's awake, and we want him to know we are here always.  He's not doing so good at this.  When I do walk in the room, he says, "When I wake, I need to say, 'Mama, Baba, I'm awake.'"  Only, he never really says it.  Still working on it.

********************
TT, the Diva, has been waking me up for inappropriate reasons in the night.  The other night, I was sound asleep, when I heard her say frantically, "Mama, Mama, I need you now.  Mama!!!"  I ran in her room to make sure she was okay, and she calmly told me, "Mama, I can't find my nuki. Please get it for me."  Really? Really?!!!  The day she turns 3, it's gone!

********************
TT is uber silly.  She insists on picking out Nur's pajamas every night (And I think Nur kind of likes this also) and sometimes she insists he wear her pajamas, and she wears his.  Having kiddos that are basically the same size has it's advantages!

********************

The kids have both been way over the LONG Minnesota winter.  Lately, they've been getting so upset by the snow, that when they wake up, they run to the window and if the snow is still there, they yell, "Go away snow!"

********************

If TT can't find her words, which is rare, as she has many words it seems, she will reenact a situation for me.  The other day, she started crying and I didn't know what had happened.  I was trying to find out when she instructed me to watch her.  She then pretended to bang her head on the table, and then started a fake cry.  It's actually a very useful way of communication. 

********************
And speaking of comunicating, TT's favorite word right now is "cause."  Her sentences  run on and on, and go something like this.  "Mama, Nur came over to me cause he wanted to look t my book cause he likes this book, cause I said no, cause, I'm busy."  Her statements always have T and I in hysterics.  

There are so many more, but I wanted to give everyone a quick glimpse into our fun household at the moment. :)

4 comments:

birthmothertalks said...

Cute!! my grand daughter is 3 and some of her favorites is pretending to eat the pets! and all of the pets are hers not mine! And the house is Papa's and so is the car! She doesn't have the clothes thing cause she is always taking them off.

Lyndsay said...

Annie! My favorite! Hopefully 20 minutes at least lets you see the Hard Knock Life sequence!

The Busters said...

Great stories! I sometimes think LB is a cross between TT and Nur. :) I wonder what it would be like to have all 3 together. Ha!

Anonymous said...

I love the updates! This is such a fun age, and it is still amazing to me that these little ones have such thoughts, opinions, likes and dislikes. That is great of you to record some of the daily moments because so quickly they will be gone. As always, thanks for sharing. Heather