My little Nur isn't so little anymore. In fact, every time I see him, I almost gasp. He's gotten so tall, and thin, yet muscular. He's losing all baby right before my eyes, and for some reason, I'm having a hard time with this. His sissy is losing her baby as well, but with Nur I feel like I never got to properly celebrate and enjoy him being a baby. I missed the first 10 months of his life, and then when he finally did get home, I feel like I was in a year long fog that I'm finally emerging from. Does that make any sense? And during this year, he's gone from a baby to a full grown boy.
Nur has been so good lately. Some of the anxieties we've seen in him before are going away. I know they can (and will) resurface, but right now we are enjoying how easy going this child is of ours. And he is easy going.
All day long, he goes, goes goes! As long as he has trucks to play with, and music to listen to, he's the happiest toddler on the block. He can be found with a truck in each hand, rolling them across our hardwood floors, running them in to each other, and making truck noises.
He is the best eater, and will eat anything we put in front of him, no complaining ever. He never has to be told to drink his milk. He looks forward to that cup of milk at every meal time.
When we deviate from our routine, Nur is just a go with the flow kind of kid. I'll ask him to get his shoes, and he'll run and get them, and come with his coat (He's learned quickly that January in Minnesota is not pleasant!). He rides in the car so well, happily listening to music, and asking for more every time a song ends.
He is sleeping beautifully these days! At 7pm, he's almost asking to go to bed, and sleeps soundly until about 5:30am.
This child has a kind disposition. He gets upset when TT cries, and willingly will offer her toys to play with. He loves to give hugs and kisses and just being close to Mama and Baba. He loves when he gets up from his nap before his sissy, and we sit in my bed and eat crackers and turn on a cartoon. He'll look over at me and smile, and know that we have something special.
When Nur does get upset, he's so easy to soothe. I hold him close to me and rub his back, and in 5-10 seconds, he's calmed down.
He now loves company, where he went through a period of screaming anytime someone walked through the door. The past two weekends we've had dinner guests, and Nur has loved every minute of it. Our dinner guests on Saturday were my cousin and his wife, and my cousin just happens to be an accomplished musician who just happened to bring a violin to our house. He played the kids music, and Nur just smiled the entire time. His facial expression was the epitome of pure joy.
I'm learning that these kids of ours go through their phases. I know Nur will go through rough stages again, but right now I'm appreciative at how easy going he is. I'm really appreciative because his sister is the opposite of easy going at the moment, but more on that another day.
I'm so loving my son, and so thankful that he's in our lives.
4 comments:
What a beautiful post! I know you had posted about some times when Khalil was really tough so I'm glad things are going much better now. He does sound very happy and easy going. What a mellow little guy. It also sounds like you have found ways (rubbing his back) to help soothe him when he is upset. What a blessing that he is such a good little eater and sleeper....what a sweet child. Thanks for sharing. Heather
What a great post and a fun read about Khalil. So glad he's enjoying having houseguests now and that he knows what his speacial time with his mommy is when Scarlett is still napping. That's neat! I juts love that picture of him with your cousin, that's a picture of a happy boy with a beautiful smile. :)
I'm so glad he is doing well! You are so right about the phases! For Ezra I feel like so much of it depends on his sleep. If he sleeps well when we have a good day, if he doesn't then we don't. It's not always that simple but we seem to have fewer battles when we are all well rested. And it's important to remember the good phases when we are going through a bad one! Harder than it sounds though. At least for me. :) I am programmed to worry! :)
Oh my! Love that smile in those striped pjs! He is just too cute for words!!!
Post a Comment