Thursday, January 5, 2012

TT - 18 Months


My baby girl is 18 months old.  (Well, technically tomorrow Jan 6 she will be)

Something incredible has happened with TT this month.  She has become a person.  A person who talks, and has opinions.  She has compassion and empathy.  She has lost all baby in her.  Now she is a real live person and I could not love this child any more. 

TT is all sugar and spice.  I've never seen a sweeter child, and I've never seen as "naughty" of a child.  TT has so many emotions, and I'm noticing her highs are high, and her lows are low.

Let's focus on her highs first.  She loves kissing everything and now makes a kissing sound while doing it.  She will spontaneously come up to me and hug me, and then kiss my lips.  Absolutely melts my heart.  She loves to come up to Nur and give him random hugs.  And her Baba, and babies, and the Christmas Tree (when it was up).  The other day, I brought up the vaccuum, and yes, she insisted on kissing that too.  The other day before dinner, she kissed her food prior to eating it.  She gives the most intense bear hugs I have ever witnessed.  I mean, she squeezes with every ounce of energy in her.  It's pure bliss and when she does it, whoever is on the receiving end simply melts. 

TT is in that answer no to every question stage.  However, she now says yes when asked if she loves certain people.  TT, do you love mama?  Yesh.  Do you love Baba?  Yesh.  And she smiles so big when she answers these questions. 

TT also feels compassion, and when her brother is upset, she goes and consoles him.  She also now enjoys T and I to fake cry so she can console us.  This girl is a lover.

TT's favorite game is for T and I to ask where something is around the house.  We will say, "Where is the window" and she'll run over and touch it.  "Where is the floor?" Etc, etc.  She LOVES this game, and everyday, we'll add a new object so she can learn it.  She has also started asking us the question and will run around the house asking, "What's this?" "What's this?"  It's hilarious. 

Her word explosion is unbelievable and if she keeps going at this pace, she'll be fully conversational by the time she turns 2!  You know how they say to talk to a newborn?  Well, I talked to TT constantly, and sometimes felt silly doing it, but I think it's paid off.  This girl is vocal! 

Some of her words are:

Yes
No
More
Please
Thank You
Baby
Barbie
Abby
Auntie
Grandma
Grandpa
Nana
Gidu
Mama
Baba
Fish
Turtle
Row Row
Jack = Her cousin  (And it sounds a lot like quack)
Up
Down
Beast
What's that
Tummy
Owl
What happened
Uh oh
Nur
Car
Bus
Choo choo
Book
Out
Hot
Goat

Granted, all the words aren't perfect, but these are the words she uses that I actually know what she is talking about. 

And remember how I said she has highs AND lows?  Well, Little Miss TT is an emotional girl and her feelings get hurt very easily.  She is short fused and when something frustrates her, she hits what's in her path.  We are working on redirecting that, and I'm not quite sure where her temperament comes from, but T and I are actively trying to teach TT right from wrong.  (And we are hoping this is a phase she grows out of quickly!

Some other fun stuff about where TT is at in her life.  TT has a love affair with her uncles, and she is blessed with 4 awesome uncles.  Anytime I say the word uncle, she goes into a crazy giggle, throws her head back and laughs.

I am blessed to be this child's mama.

Some recent photos.




2 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

She's so precious! Wow, she's really talking!!! That's quite a list! :)

Erin said...

Scarlett is becoming quite the little lady these days! :) I LOVE the list of words that she's using as of late and how adorable that she loves her uncles and know who/what you're referring to when you say it. She is definitely a little charmer Leah and really cute too! I just can't believe she's already 18 months old. Wow!