Yesterday morning at 8am, TT and I walked out the door. She was so excited to get to leave with Mama. Nur on the other hand was not pleased at all that I was leaving with TT and leaving him home with the nanny. I kept assuring him that he would have much more fun than his sister!
We got to the University of MN at 8:30am and TT got her gown on. She was a bit overwhelmed and shy, but they she got some meds to relax, and boy did she relax! She was "talking" constantly and as happy as could be. The anesthesiologists came in to talk to me as did her doctor. At about 9:30, I carried TT into the procedure room. She was laughing and pointing to things asking everyone, "What's this? What's this?" Then the anesthesiologist had me hold down her arms and he put the gas mask over her face. TT screamed and turned bright red and cried so hard that my heart hurt for her. Then she went limp, and I was escorted out of the room.
TT's nurse came in and let me know everything was going well. She told me kids can take up to an hour to wake up.
Then the anesthesiologist came in and told me TT woke up immediately. Next thing I knew, a doctor was bringing TT to me and TT was crying out, "Mama, Mama." I held her and she kept trying to remove the IV in her foot. She screamed, and screamed, and screamed, and the doc and nurse kept telling me kids don't usually react this badly. Her blood pressure was through the roof. . . probably due to the screaming. She has 1 little stitch on the top of her head.
Finally, the nurse told us we could go home, even though they didn't get a good blood pressure on TT yet. TT just wanted out of there.
She passed out in the car, rosey cheeks and all, and wouldn't let go of me the rest of the day.
So thankful that is over, and I'm hoping to have results in 2 weeks. . . or less.
6 comments:
That sounds slightly miserable for you both, but it's over & done & you'll be to the bottom of all this soon!! Hope she's feeling well today and back in her routine!!
Poor Scarlett and her scared mama too. :( I'm glad you both managed to get through the biopsy and here's hoping for good news but also some answers and the sooner the better so you can relax a bit. Thinking of you and praying for you guys.
I hope she is having a better day. Sounds like there was a lot of anxiety on her part. :(
I hope you are able to get some answers and if there is an issue, the doctors have a solution.
What a stressful day for both of you, but I'm glad the procedure is behind you. Hopefully you can get some answers now of what is happening with Scarlett's hair. Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope you have a good weekend. Heather
Oh Leah, that sounds awful. I am so glad it is over with!!! And that kinda stinks that it takes so long to get results. There is the possibility E will have to have a biopsy due to some of his GI issues. Really hoping we won't have to do it. I hope you had lots of wine that night!! :) And I'll be holding you guys in my thoughts as you await results!
poor scarlett. Glad to hear yall both survived though.
Post a Comment