Nur and TT are both starting to really develop their little personalities. They are both so unique, and everyday, I feel like I learn something new about them.
Let's start with the good. :)
THE GOOD
Nur is starting to have word explosion. He is talking SO much! When he turned 2 in December, and the doctor asked how many words he is speaking, I said about 5. The doctor asked me again, and I said, yes, I heard you, he can say about 5 words. But in the past month, he must be up to about 30 words, and yes, according to all the stats, that is still behind, but it's progress! Which brings me to the question. . . has anyone ever seen the Miracle Worker? It's the story of Helen Keller? Remember when she realizes that objects have names, and she goes around touching everything and naming them? Well, that is currently Nur right now. I was doing the dishes the other day, and he's tugging at my leg. He wanted me to turn around, and he touched the wall and said, "wahh." Yay Nur! Then he touched the door and said, "dooo." Yay buddy! He's getting it. And Nur being able to communicate better has helped his overall mood. He can tell us what he wants, and that is huge.
TT is starting to do so much better at separating. The last two school classes, she cried for less than 10 seconds. That is a huge success! And when we peek on her during the class, she is having fun and engaged. I love that TT is starting to become more comfortable. She is starting to realize that she and Mama are two separate entities, and she's really starting to explore on her own.
Both kids are starting to have manners when it comes to asking for things. I've heard a few spontaneous pleases and thank you's. Of course, they can never understand when I say no after they say please. They still think that saying please is an automatic, "here you go!"
Nur is doing SO much better with anxiety. He melts down so infrequently now.
THE BAD
TT still hits. Oh, it's frustrating. People keep telling me she'll grow out of this, and I am sure she will, but at the moment, I'm a bit frustrated by it. This weekend, she hit Nur, so T and I gave her a timeout. After her timeout, we told her she had to hug Nur, otherwise, back to timeout. She wouldn't hug him. So, after her 2nd timeout, we again said that she needed to hug her brother. She went and hugged him, and I was having a proud mama moment, when bam. . . she purposely head butts him mid hug. What the??? Back to timeout. After the 3rd time, she gave her big pro a genuine hug. This girl keeps me on my toes.
TT refuses to keep her clothes on. She strips. . . constantly. And then she runs around naked, and then I'll hear an "uh oh," and I come and look and she's standing over a puddle of urine. What the heck? I know these are all signs that she's getting ready to potty train, but when we put her on the toilet, she has no interest in sitting there for more than 5 seconds. Today I put her in bibs, and she still hasn't figured out how to get out of those.
Nur is purposely trying to be naughty these days, and it's almost humorous cause he doesn't have a naughty bone in his body. We were putting together a puzzle the other day, and when I made eye contact with him, he threw a puzzle piece. Okay, I know he was just trying to get my attention, so I told him not to throw toys. He did it again. Okay, I was obviously being tested. He then started yelling no right in front of me. He's done this a few times, and I contemplate giving him a timeout, but I can tell he's just doing this for attention anyway. So, do I just ignore it? It's just so funny to me because even when he tries to be naughty, he still isn't being even half as naughty as his little sis when she's not trying to be naughty.
THE WEIRD
When I put lotion on my body in the morning before I get dressed (cause hello, I live in MN, and it's dry skin season) TT tries to lick it off of me. She looks like a little puppy, standing next to me, licking my legs. Lotion doesn't taste good. I don't get it.
My kids are somehow obsessed with boobies. Being a mama doesn't afford me a lot of privacy. This morning T was in the shower, and I still needed to get dressed, and didn't want to leave the kids in the kitchen alone while eating breakfast, so I brought my clothes to them. When I took my robe off, Nur broke out in a giggle, pointed, and said "booby." And TT, well she likes to pull my shirt down and pinch them. What the??? At least they only do this in our home, but I fear they will expose me in public eventually.
A couple months ago, TT started saying "what's this" to absolutely everything. When changing her diaper, she'll touch her privates and say "what's this?" T and I had a discussion on what we should call it to her. We didn't want to be too technical, but we had heard we shouldn't make up cute names for it. Well, before we had a chance to settle on what we would call it, TT started calling it "ku-ku." What the??? So now, everytime I'm changing her diaper, she touches it, and asks, "ku-ku." I say, yes TT. Than I put the diaper on her, and she asks, "ku-ku bye bye." Seriously, this girl cracks me up.
7 comments:
Oh, Leah, they are so cute! I love hearing stories about the kids....sure makes me miss them, though. :)
Love the ku-ku story! Oh, too funny! S sure is cute. :) K is too. :)
Ok, Leah, I know that I probably shouldn't admit to laughing, but I did. I know some of these things are "bad" or "weird" but still funny (and typical). I chuckled thinking of S running around the house naked and also about the booby fascination part. Emma has started pinching my boobs and she always wants to squeeze them when I'm feeding Kate. Awkward! Hopefully the hitting part will end soon. And way to go, K! I bet that the number of words he says will continue to increase exponentially.
The good, bad and weird totally made me laugh! That is so cool that K is having a word explosion, and it seems like he is making very good progress. Isn't it funny when they look you in the eye and deliberately throw something? They are so clearly testing boundaries, but sometimes it is hard not to laugh. That's cute that S strips down. My little guy (same exact age as S)won't yet put on or take off his clothes. It's interesting to see the differences in kids. My son is also interested in "boobies!" Thanks for sharing. Heather
I have no idea how I didn't get your blog on my new blog list until today. What the crap? Just the other day I was thinking it had been a long time since you had posted anything. I suck. I'm sorry.
BB went through a hitting phase too. Luckily she was never a biter. But I remember getting the daily reports that she had hit other kids. They really do grow out of it eventually.
It is great that K is starting a word explosion. I am sure that he will be caught up in no time at all now.
I have missed you so much. I can't believe I never checked through my blogroll to see where you were. I did this with another blog friend too. I guess I'm just not with it lately.
I'm sure that you already know this, but my pediatrician told me that as long as my son was adding words to his vocabulary, that he was on track. His word explosion was a little sooner that K's, but it seemed he went from knowing 5 words to knowing 50. Just was fast, he was putting sentences together!
So cute! And so many of those things are happening around our house too. Nathan is having a word explosion - isn't it just awesome??? :) He is also a major hitter - not so awesome. He just walks up to Matthew and out of the blue hits him in the head with something. I just don't get it! I too hope this will pass - I am so tired of timeouts!
Loved this post! I actually think E and S sound very similar! He is a booby pincher and a hitter! :) Oh man, I am ready for E to be done with the hitting. I get the brunt of it. Yesterday he was mad at Damon and came over and hit me. WTH!!
Post a Comment