Thursday, February 16, 2012

Independence

Lately, TT has been all about her independence.  She wants to walk up the stairs herself (even though I'm always so scared she'll fall, she wants to eat all of her food by herself (even though this means I scrub the floor nightly), and she wants to dress herself (which means this mama is often embarrassed to bring TT in public)

The other day, these were her choices.  No outfit is complete without a witch's hat, right?  Then she switched hats and wanted her pink hat, and of course tennis shoes to go with the ensemble.  And let's not forgot Nur's coat, cause it's obviously better than her coat.


Then there was this morning.  I asked TT if she wanted to get dressed, and she said "yesh."  She pulled out the clothes that she thought were appropriate for the day.  She pulled out a onesie, a one piece swimsuit with a skirt, and a two piece swimsuit, socks, and her pink hat.  And she happens to be wearing all of these in this picture.

You should have seen the nanny's face when she walked through the door.


6 comments:

Deni said...

Loving the outfits! Very happy about the Mayo clinic experience! Praying the steroid cream has some hair back on S soon!

Again, thank you for your honesty here, raising respectful, considerate children requires work & isn't always a picnic, though it will hopefully pay off in the end! Thank you for being real & allowing your readers to feel normal with our struggles!! :)

Andrea said...

I absolutely love her sense of SELF EXPRESSION! It's awesome that she dresses like this, but even better that you let her! Allowing a child to do this only builds self confidence...besides, she is totally ROCKING HER LOOK!

At present, Lleyton is my little explorer....he is torrorizing the house! LOL He is already self expressive and is just 9 months. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What fashion sense :)

Stace said...

To cute as always!!

Colby has the same coat as K, so when he saw the picture of S wearing it he asked "Why she wearing my coat?" :)

Amber said...

Such adorable outfits!

Elle said...

She really is quite independant, isn't she? I have learned not to ask BB if she wants to wear something specific because it turns into a battle if her clothing choise is waiting to be washed. I try not to ask her opinion when buying her clothes either because she says no to everything.

It really makes you miss the baby days, doesn't it? lol