Wednesday, February 8, 2012

TT - 19 Months


We have good days, and we have bad days.  This girl is all sugar and spice. . . and lately, mostly spice!  T and I keep arguing over who her personality takes after.  When it comes to her cuteness, we both want to take credit.  And when it comes to her attitude, neither want to take credit!

19 months is an interesting age.  I have no doubt that we are experiencing terrible 2's with her.  Nur went through them before turning 2 as well.  This girl has personality!!!

Developmentally, I think TT is right on track.  She is such a talker! She tells us exactly what she wants, and doesn't like hearing no. Who does?  She likes to wake up in the morning and ask for a "cracka" (cracker) and of course she doesn't get it.  She also has become obsessed with Barney.  Barney always got on my nerves growing up, and now I have a daughter who LOVES him.  She calls him "Marney."  And really, the lessons his show provides are good lessons.  So I sit through them with TT.  She thinks they are great. 

TT has always been a mama's girl, but is starting to be real interested in her baba (father) also.  She'll ask me where Baba is, and if I say he's sleeping, she'll put her finger to her mouth and say "shh."  TT has also started giving me attitude at times, and I think it's her way of getting back at me for going to work.  Monday morning I went to kiss her goodbye and she refused.  I then got home from work and went to greet her, and she wanted nothing to do with me!  It only lasted a while, and then she was once again my girl, but her rejection broke my heart!

TT is so so silly and loves to laugh. She also likes showing us her knowledge and the picture above is what she did when I asked where her tongue is.  She is constantly asking "what's this" and always tries to repeat the word.

She is obsessed with going outside, and often will find a hat laying around and put it on.  I know she wants to get out more, but it's cold outside and we just don't have anywhere to go half of the time!

 
TT has become a good little helper.  She loves helping me swift, and she loves helping me put groceries away. 

TT has such sweet moments too.  She'll come up and give me random hugs and kisses, and now she has started copying me when I say "Love You."  Hers sound more like "Wuv You" but it's still the cutest thing ever.

I should also mention that due to all of TT's recent appointments, she has become quite scared of doctors.  She used to love going, and now, we walk in the office and she freaks out.  She screams through the entire exam, so I'm a little nervous about our trip to the Mayo Clinic on Friday. 

Being TT's mama is nothing short of amazing.  She is a great girl, and although I can't wait for this terrible 2 stage to be over with, I am still loving every minute with my baby.


No comments: