Adoption:
T and I have been on the waitlist a little over a month. (See our cool little ticker at the bottom of this blog) That means we can expect another 3-5 months before a referral. Although, I have to be honest. . . I'm not holding my breath to that timeline. Things with adoption change SO much.
I have no idea where we are on the "list" with our agency. I'm thinking once we hit 4 months, I'll probably ask the agency where we are on the waitlist. Some bigger agencies provide that information, but ours doesn't. So, we will truly be surprised when we get that call.
Adoption Community:
I've recently gotten in touch with some people who are using the same agency as T and I. It's great to be building a community of other adoptive parents.
Tonight I'm getting together with a local woman that our agency put us in touch with. We are not only using the same placing agency, but we are also using the same local agency, AND are adopting from the same country. Can't wait to meet her and have local people going through the same thing. And it's possible that our future children could be in the orphanage at the same time. Very cool to think about. :-D
Life:
Is it bad that I haven't started Christmas shopping yet? Today I fully realized that Christmas is NEXT week. I should drag my butt to the mall one of these days.
Life has been extremely busy and eventful lately. I plan on doing some posts about this in the new year. For the rest of the year, I think I'll avoid the topic. :)
Bloggers:
I'm looking for guest bloggers to do a guest post on my blog about why you choose the country you did for adoption? So far, I have a lovely friend working on a piece about why she choose Ethiopia, but I'd love any other takers. Are you in the process of adopting, or have already adopted? Did you choose domestic, South Korea, Ukraine, Russia, or any other country? I'd love to have you do a guest post on my blog. Just shoot me an email or leave me a comment here.
14 comments:
Hi Leah! If you need someone to blog about S. Korea, I would be glad to...just let me know!
I think you should move your ticker up to a more prominent place on your blog. I didn't even know it was there.
That is really cool about meeting people who are going through the same agencies as you, and even cooler that you met someone adopting from the same country.
You'd better get on your Christmas shopping!
YAY for one month down!! Congrats!!Have fun at your get together tonight!
I am not nearly done with my shopping either! I have started, but still have alot to do.
it's so awesome to meet others working with the same agency... i have loved meeting new AGCI people! i can't wait to read your guest posts!!!
very cool for being 1 full month Paper pregnant!
Proud of you guys.
Merry Christmas!!!
I love having adoption friends who are going through all the same things, it's the best support group ever!
That's so great that you're starting to build a little community. We have been so thrilled to meet other adoptive families in our area. It's great for us, but it will be even better for our children in the near future!
what a neat thing to meet someone you can talk and share things with. Cant wait to see the guests posts
Leah,
SO happy I found your blog, as I want to share it with a friend who is newly entering the adoption process.
I'm sending you lotts of positive vibes that a child is placed in your arms very soon :) Looking forward to reading and seeing you desire come to fruition very soon.
Hugs,
Andrea
www.persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com
Hi Leah, If you ever want someone to guest blog for Guatemala, I would be happy to :)
You can EM me at:
SA 3 @ aol.com (no spaces)
Leah: I have not been able to check in for awhile, but am so happy and excited for you and T and this huge life changing event!!! It is truly amazing!!!
I am not quite sure how I can across your blog, but now seem to be following your international adoption journey. We adopted our son from Russia 2 1/2 years ago. I am now much of a writer, but would love to share our journey if you would like. Our blog is andersfamilyadoption.blogspot.com. You will notice we are adopting again, but domestically this time.
I have a friend who was told 6-8 months for their referral of a girl. They received their referral in month 7 and received their court date within 2 months I think. They have court on Jan 4th.
Post a Comment