Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye to 2009

It's been a year. Full of so many wonderful memories, so many learning opportunities, and so much growth. It was also a year that had moments of sadness, loss, and heartache. It's a year I lived as fully as I could, and I had many memories I will cherish for the rest of my life.


It was a year that brought together family. The older I get, the more I appreciate these people.




It was a year that I felt honored to watch my sister marry her soulmate.


It was a year of learning how to smile through the pain. To get out and be young and enjoy ourselves, even when my heart was breaking on the inside.


It was a year spending time at my favorite place on earth, doing what gives me peace.


It was a year discovering new lands and new people.


It was a year to welcome a new member into the family. . . My niece and goddaughter.


It was a year for dreams to come true, and for paperwork to be finished.


It was also a year of renewed hope.





It was a year of goodbyes, and "see you laters."



And in that goodbye, it was a reminder to live life to the fullest. To smile when your world is crumbling around you. To appreciate each and every moment, because every moment is a gift. It was a reminder to be kind to people, to always let them know how much you love and appreciate them, and to never take people and relationships for granted.


I wish you all a wonderful new year. I hope it is a year that brings you hope and happiness. I hope it is a year that will bring you healing and peace. I hope it is a year where all of your dreams come true.

14 comments:

Trinity said...

Leah, your clarity and maturity and perspective always brings a smile to my face. I am excited to follow your journey into 2010! Happy New Year, lady! :)

Unknown said...

Leah: I am so grateful to know you here; blessings to you and T, and welcome 2010!!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Um, how on earth did I miss that you were pregnant??? Congrats!!!!!!!!

Go to Moby Wrap website and watch the how-to video on how toput the wrap on. Watching it made me more confident in registering for this wrap above others!

A said...

I wish you all of the same. I hope that 2010 will be a wonderful year for all of us!! Thanks so much for your kindness and sincerity in everything :)

Lyndsay said...

That was beautiful!
I wish you all the best in 2010 - I'm sure it will be an incredible year for you!!

Michele said...

Happy New Year!!! May 2010 bring you so many joys.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Hey Girly!:) Love the pics! Yay for adoption and pregnancy!!! Hope you have the family have a healthy and happy Twenty Ten!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year :-) I wish you all the best in 2010!

RELH said...

Another wondeful post. 2010 is going to be amazing for you!

Chelle said...

What a beautiful post. Your 2009 was a crazy roller coaster ride, but youe 2010 is already starting out great. I wish you all the very best in this new year. May it be so much better than 2009.

*hugs*

Jewls said...

Cheers to 2010!

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Happy New Year!

Paula Keller said...

Well done!

I hope your 2010 is full of happiness and joy! :)

Cicero said...

This was by far the hardest year of my life. So much strife and struggle. But as long as I have you Leah, everything will be ok.