Towards the end of every year, I become more reflective than usual. For the rest of the year, my posts will be about looking back, and looking forward.
This is a post I wrote as 2008 was coming to a close, and 2009 was upon us. I look forward to sharing a post soon about what was accomplished in 2009. . . because I had real, tangible goals I was working towards, and I'm satisfied by what I accomplished.
But here is what I wrote a year ago.
Happy 2009 everyone! I hope you have a very wonderful year! A year filled with loved ones, health, happiness, and appreciation.
I'm a huge fan of New Year's resolutions. Last year on New Year's Eve, I sat on the couch with Taher, in a lot of pain. 2 days prior, I had a tonsillectomy, which I must say, is a very painful surgery for adults. I was absolutely miserable, I was so drugged up so the pain could be bearable, and I was groggy because of the pain meds. I'm pretty sure I went to bed well before midnight that night, and because of my sickness, I spent no time on my resolutions at all. I stayed sick for about 2 weeks, and by that time, I felt like it was too late for resolutions, so I made none. And as I look back on 2008, I realize how unfocused the year was. I can't say it was a bad year. I had many wonderful times with my loved ones, I'm healthy, my family is healthy, and really, that is all a person can ask for. But at the same time, I feel like I lived much of the year in a fog. I didn't make any goals, I spent much of the year wanting things I don't have, but putting in no effort to get them, and I spent plenty of time looking inwardly on my life, and wishing some things could be different.
2009 WILL be different. I've already spent some time writing out my resolutions, and I look forward to working on them throughout the year, and working on bettering myself. I also look forward to being an active participant in my life. BE PRESENT. I love that quote, and in 2008, I rarely felt present, but this year will be different. I am filled with hope for the things to come.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! May 2009 bring you everything your heart desires. :-D
5 comments:
i'm so glad i've started blogging so i can look back at posts like you in a year. it's amazing what can happen in just one year!!!
Congratulations on a productively happy year! 2009 was a difficult year foro me - recovering from losing my mom and then unexpectedly losing my dad too. I'm looking forward to 2010. Will welcome it with open arms!
Leah,
I love what you said "be an active participant in YOUR LIFE" Love that! I'm stealing the advice :)
Cheers to 2010 and may it bring us all the desires of our hearts.
Andrea
Hope 2010 brings you lots of good memories:)
I also love that quote about being an active participant in your life! Such a good reminder as we get ready to start a new year. I'm so glad we became friends this year!
Post a Comment