We decided to call October 17th of every year Nur Day. It is the day we arrived home from the airport with Nur and became an official family of 4. With adoption, there are so many days that could be celebrated. Some people celebrate a gotcha day (not a fan of that word), we could have celebrated the day we passed court, or the day I checked him out of the orphanage, but we decided for our family, we would celebrate the actual day of his homecoming.
We decided to head on over to Chuck E Cheese. Something we have never tried with our kids. We had thought about an Ethiopian restaurant, but thought our kids would enjoy an environment they could run around in better. . . at least at this age.
Some family joined us, and it was a really great time. Nur and TT had fun running from ride to ride. My sister and her two kids also joined us, and in so many ways, her daughter C is more like Nur and TT's sister. The 3 of them are so close. (C is only 2 weeks older than Nur)
I also tried to get a cute picture of T's mom (who our kids call Nana) with my kids, but well, it didn't work so well.
We all enjoyed a cookie cake that read, "HAPPY ADOPTION DAY NUR."
And in just 6 weeks, we'll be celebrating Nur's 2nd birthday! Time is moving fast, and I am forever grateful for these happy occassions to celebrate. Nur is the best little boy in the world, and I couldn't help smiling yesterday (and everyday) everything I thought of him and how much I love him.
2 comments:
What a neat way to recognize Khalil joining your family. The pictures are awesome and I'm so glad that Khalil has been blessed with you, Taher and Scarlett as his forever family. He is one lucky little boy.
I live the pic of all three kids! I hope my kids and my sister's kids are close!!! We didn't have that and I think it will be so special!! :)
Post a Comment